Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Why chat program HIPAA results question

Hi,

I had a medical debt that I sent the HIPAA letter and western union  money order with payment  in full  to the OC. Debt is less than two years old, is still with a DC. I never received a response from the OC, forgot to detach the money order receipt and now an I’m the process of trying to track it through western Union. I do have the receipt from sending it certified mail with return reciept.  

Would  it be better if I just went up to the OC and just ASK if they cashed it? Or is it best to avoid contact with them and go through the research process with western Union. I am trying figure out if I can send the letter the DC that the amount is no longer due. So that I can get it off my credit report.  I sent the MO about 2 months ago.

Edited by strawberryblue

Hi, I explained everything I did for you in my last thread in this forum.

DC= debt collector but I mean CA

"Any other possible course after sending certified pay for delete"

Perhaps I shouldn't have started a new thread but the debt was not on my credit report at that time. 

I found out they had a relationship with the CA because I initially called the Doctors offices who confirmed that the debt was was sent over to the collection agency. They refused to reverse the best from the CA back the the OC doctors office. I attempted to pay the debt in persona nd ask for a receipt but was unable to due to their COVID restriction and sent the letter and MO via certified mail return receipt. I did the first steps you instructed me to do but struggled to do the next step because I realized I accidentally sent the return reciept along with the money order in the mail.  The debt was not on my report at this time. My next step was supposed to be to confirm that the OC cashed it and then send a letter to CA

Fast forward, the debt is now on my credit report from the CA, but my question is this: If I sent the MO certified and have the reciept that they received it. Should I go up there to see if they cashed it? Or wait the 6-8 weeks through western union to then contact the CA. Or can I contact the CA since I have proof the the office received the money order and HIPAA letter?

3 hours ago, Why Chat said:

Exactly how did you determine that the OC was in a current business relationship with the reporting CA?? What is a "DC"??

You apparently decided to skip ALL the initial steps in the guide and jump the gun without understanding the program.

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Hi, I explained everything I did for you in my last thread in this forum.

DC= debt collector but I mean CA

"Any other possible course after sending certified pay for delete"

Perhaps I shouldn't have started a new thread but the debt was not on my credit report at that time. 

I found out they had a relationship with the CA because I initially called the Doctors offices who confirmed that the debt was was sent over to the collection agency. They refused to reverse the best from the CA back the the OC doctors office. I attempted to pay the debt in persona nd ask for a receipt but was unable to due to their COVID restriction and sent the letter and MO via certified mail return receipt. I did the first steps you instructed me to do but struggled to do the next step because I realized I accidentally sent the return reciept along with the money order in the mail.  The debt was not on my report at this time. My next step was supposed to be to confirm that the OC cashed it and then send a letter to CA

Fast forward, the debt is now on my credit report from the CA, but my question is this: If I sent the MO certified and have the reciept that they received it. Should I go up there to see if they cashed it? Or wait the 6-8 weeks through western union to then contact the CA. Or can I contact the CA since I have proof the the office received the money order and HIPAA letter?

I am sorry you decided to start a new thread as it makes it very difficult to provide you with accurate advice. 

Did you follow ANY of the guides?

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

DO NOT CONTACT THE CA

DO NOT CONTACT THE OC

Send the initial dispute letter to the CRAs where the account is reporting;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

There are 3 possibilities;

1- The OC has deposited your money order ( Did you at least put the restrictive endorsement on the back?)

2- The OC has NOT deposited the money order as they no longer had any record of the account and didn't know what to do with it because of the restrictive endorsement, (assuming they DO have a current business relationship with the CA)

3- The OC turned the money order over to the CA because you did NOT have the restrictive endorsement.

In spite of your OPINION that the reporting CA and the r OC have a current business relationship, you have NO documentation that this is a fact.

The results of the initial dispute letter to the CRAs may provide some clarity