I ended up defaulting on a car loan and credit card 4-5 yrs ago, wondering if anyone know when I can use my checking account again. 

it’s been just sitting with zero balance since I was afraid they would just pull the money out to cover their losses. 

any help or advice would be appreciate. 

Did you ever settle the delinquent accounts?

You can get a free checking account at 25,000 other places.  Why would you want to go "bank" at a place you clearly do not trust?

I was in a similar situation and deposited money and NFCU took the money to pay the money owed. I'm now looking to get back in NFCU good graces trying to figure out a way to get a new checking acct opened with them. My savings is still open.

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 12:43 PM, mannyj said:

I was in a similar situation and deposited money and NFCU took the money to pay the money owed. I'm now looking to get back in NFCU good graces trying to figure out a way to get a new checking acct opened with them. My savings is still open.

Can you name 47 things that are so special about this checking account that you're spending time and energy to find some workaround so you can open another one?  

I'd settle for far fewer than 47.