Walmart to create fintech start-up with investment firm behind Robinhood

Now, now, remember we used to get daily CRA reports through Walmart from TrueCredit for $7.46 per month when that started. Of course that got nerfed eventually.  So it is possible that Walmart can partner with a service company to do something interesting for CBers. Of course, a broken analog clock is also sometimes right twice a day, so the likelihood of this being helpful is rather low. But still, we'll see. 

4 hours ago, swimmingwithsharks said:

Now, now, remember we used to get daily CRA reports through Walmart from TrueCredit for $7.46 per month when that started. Of course that got nerfed eventually.  So it is possible that Walmart can partner with a service company to do something interesting for CBers. Of course, a broken analog clock is also sometimes right twice a day, so the likelihood of this being helpful is rather low. But still, we'll see. 

I don't remember that.  That must have been in my subprime days, before I met you fine people.

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I don't remember that.  That must have been in my subprime days, before I met you fine people.

I think that started in 2008-9? I was only a CB lurker back then, but cherished that deal. It was an easy way to B*. Ancient history by now, and whoever negotiated that partnership/cross-promotion has undoubtedly moved on from Walmart and TU

3 hours ago, hegemony said:

I'd be less worried about walmart screwing it up and more worried about robinhood THEFTING

I don't want any investments that are 37% flavoring solution.