Through June 30, 2021 you can earn up to $30 in statement credits each month when you use your Platinum Card® or Centurion® Card for transactions made with PayPal at eligible merchants.

Target,com takes PayPal, which saves me an errand this week.

On the way:

• Two bottles of dish soap
  • 6 double rolls of paper towels
  • Box of 250 dryer sheets
  • Two bars of soap
  • Two 12-ounce bags of ground coffee

Grand total:  $7.75 after $30.00 Amex Platinum credit

I preferred the $20 streaming credit + $20 cell phone credit that this replaces. This is $10 per month less in credits, and the previous credits were $40 that I’d have been spending regardless of the credit. 

Edit: OTOH, I like them adding $10 in Uber benefits to the consumer gold card.

Edited by DPB
6 hours ago, DPB said:

I preferred the $20 streaming credit + $20 cell phone credit that this replaces. This is $10 per month less in credits, and the previous credits were $40 that I’d have been spending regardless of the credit. 

Edit: OTOH, I like them adding $10 in Uber benefits to the consumer gold card.

We have no recurring streaming charges and no cell phone bills, so it's +$30 for us.  

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, swimmingwithsharks said:

So is this to get PayPal user data for Amex? Or what do you think is driving this offering? Is it simply to get Amex customers to feel comfortable using non-card payment apps? I'm wondering. 

Part of the current clamor for customer retention by rewards card issuers, who are temporarily replacing travel-specific benefits to more universal benefits until people are traveling in large numbers again.  

Edited by cv91915

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jdizzle5481

Important Information

Guidelines