Master 2021 Approvals and CLIs Thread (Post Yours!)

cv91915

7 minutes ago, hegemony said:

AFAIK it is an internal score that ranges up to 900.

Interesting. So the letter Chase sent me is called an AFAIK score. I do know my Experian FICO was 791 at the time of the pull. After the JPMCB inquiry my FICO actually went up 4 points with the new inquiry. So it's sitting at 795.

9 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Interesting. So the letter Chase sent me is called an AFAIK score. I do know my Experian FICO was 791 at the time of the pull. After the JPMCB inquiry my FICO actually went up 4 points with the new inquiry. So it's sitting at 795.

One of the mental traps that people (not saying you :)fall into is thinking that credit decisions are made exclusively by looking at a FICO score.

If they were, the approval logic would look something like this:

Is FICO score > 679?

If yes -> Approve

If no  -> Decline

It's never that simple.  The internal scores will bake in other qualification criteria.

Edited by cv91915

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

One of the mental traps that people (not saying you :)fall into is thinking that credit decisions are made exclusively by looking at a FICO score.

If they were, the approval logic would look something like this:

Is FICO score > 679?

If yes -> Approve

If no  -> Decline

It's never that simple.  The internal scores will bake in other qualification criteria.

Yeah and that's why I shyed away from Chase. I know my FICOS are real good but I thought that Chase would be persnickety about other factors i.e. income, AAOC's, etc. 

Say CV, changing the subject here a bit: I booked travel with my new Chase Freedom Flex Card on Chase's Ultimate Travel site two nights ago. I was impressed and surprised that I will be earning 5 cash points on the booking. I did not expect that and it's seems like another cool benefit. Your thoughts? 

28 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I booked travel with my new Chase Freedom Flex Card on Chase's Ultimate Travel site two nights ago. I was impressed and surprised that I will be earning 5 cash points on the booking. I did not expect that and it's seems like another cool benefit. Your thoughts? 

What kind of travel?

Cars, sure.  Hotels, depends.  Airfare, I'd rather not.

I strongly prefer booking air travel directly with the airline vs. an OTA (online travel agency), because if there's a problem I can resolve it directly with the airline.

If you book through an OTA, for many issues you must contact the OTA for options, and they generally have fewer than airline CSRs.  

Also note (if this is important), often when you book hotels through an OTA you won't earn any loyalty points from the hotel's loyalty program (Hilton Honors, Marriott Vonboy, etc.).  Some hotels also charge for WiFi if you don't book directly.

Edited by cv91915

3 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

What kind of travel?

Cars, sure.  Hotels, depends.  Airfare, I'd rather not.

I strongly prefer booking air travel directly with the airline vs. an OTA (online travel agency), because if there's a problem I can resolve I can resolve it directly with the airline.

If you book through an OTA, for many issues you must contact the OTA for options, and they generally have fewer than airline CSRs.  

Also note (if this is important), often when you book hotels through an OTA you won't earn any loyalty points from the hotel's loyalty program (Hilton Honors, Marriott Vonboy, etc.).  Some hotels also charge for WiFi if you don't book directly.

It's air travel. Hmm, hopefully there will be no cancellations due to weather. It seems safer to fly non-stop to my CO destination and bypass DIA during the snow weather. Oh well....

13 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

It's air travel. Hmm, hopefully there will be no cancellations due to weather. It seems safer to fly non-stop to my CO destination and bypass DIA during the snow weather. Oh well....

When I was traveling infrequently (a couple of times a year) I had a much higher tolerance for inconvenience.

If your chances of a trip interruption are 1 in 200 (I have no idea what they actually are), an infrequent traveler could go years before encountering a problem that required OTA assistance while en route.  

Also note that I'm not just talking about day-of-travel problems. 

A trip I have booked for next month had a significant schedule change and AA's algorithms thought I'd be fine with a 13-hour layover in Philadelphia :lol: , instead of the 3 that I was prepared to endure when I booked.    

I'd much rather call AA to unwind / redo something like that than an OTA.  I've been on the phone with OTA looking at flights on the airline's web site that the OTA cannot see or otherwise access.

My Experian score went up to 686 today after my Alliant card reported a $0 balance. I decided to try the FNBO pre-qualifier for their 2% Visa. I was approved for $11,600 at 23.99%! There's also a $200 SUB for $1k in spend. Not bad! Now if AmEx can increase my Delta card limit over $1k, I'll really be happy...... 🙂

Just did a quick sum up...

WAAAAHHH!!! 😂  I'm under $300k for total revolvers!

$283.5k if you include the NFCU LOC and a store-only jewelry card...

$273.5k if you drop that store card...

$258.5k if you also drop the LOC.

Stupid Citi!  Being dumb and making me close my accounts because they're dumb! 🥵  That was $40k+ of limits that poofed. 🤢
(can't really blame Alliant for finally closing their card with me after a decade of no use)

Ah well.  Also did a quick backdoor check of my reports and I'm 2/2/2 for inquiries, so maybe it's time to find new fun to app.

(no more Chase though; I think the latest CSP put me at 5/24)

Might be time to stare down USBank.  Or if my X1 invitation would ever kick/come/whatever, that'd be something.

Being in largely gardening mode for the last some years is objectively awesome, but subjectively BOR-ING.

AMEX BCP @ $28k

AMEX EDC @ $5k

No option online to ask for a CLI.  It's just not there.

Call in, submit CLI request for the EDC to go to $25k, CSR gets 7-10 day notice, but I get an immediate email; DENIED.

Guess that's why there wasn't a CLI request link online...  :3

I'm pretty out of options regarding CLIs on any of my accounts, so I guess I'll squeeze the grease out of these last few french fries (so to speak), and then look at getting something new.

16 hours ago, brainchasm said:

AMEX BCP @ $28k

AMEX EDC @ $5k

Call in, submit CLI request for the EDC to go to $25k, CSR gets 7-10 day notice, but I get an immediate email; DENIED.

Guess that's why there wasn't a CLI request link online...  :3

I'm pretty out of options regarding CLIs on any of my accounts, so I guess I'll squeeze the grease out of these last few french fries (so to speak), and then look at getting something new.

AmEx took my CLI request link away too, so don’t feel bad! They were probably tired of me asking, but I’m tired of them saying no after more than a year. 

Meanwhile, I got an increase on my Synchrony Amazon store card. The SL was $800 and it went to $2,400 after some minimal usage within 90-ish days. 

19 hours ago, brainchasm said:

AMEX BCP @ $28k

AMEX EDC @ $5k

2 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

AmEx took my CLI request link away too, so don’t feel bad! They were probably tired of me asking, but I’m tired of them saying no after more than a year. 

I spot checked a couple of my Amex revolvers, and also my mother's card, and I don't see the CLI link on any of them.

Does ANYONE see a CLI link?

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I spot checked a couple of my Amex revolvers, and also my mother's card, and I don't see the CLI link on any of them.

Does ANYONE see a CLI link?

Someone on that forum that shall not be named posted this link. The consensus is it works if you are eligible for a CLI or if you have not requested one recently.

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&Face=en_US&Face=en_US

Edited by RehabbingANDBlabbing

5 hours ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

Someone on that forum that shall not be named posted this link. The consensus is it works if you are eligible for a CLI or if you have not requested one recently.

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&Face=en_US&Face=en_US

Thanks for the posted link, much obliged!  :wave:

The offer of a personal loan currently being available.
But no CLI. I've checked both revolvers, no go!

xJFqx0z.png

5twJCIJ.png

16 minutes ago, MP80 said:

xJFqx0z.png

5twJCIJ.png

So, May 19 of this year was the last increase on the Amex account.

Haha... I asked about it 6 days in advance. 
I will ask again in 6 days. :lol:

2 hours ago, MP80 said:

xJFqx0z.png

5twJCIJ.png

That personal loan doesn’t look too bad,  but you’d think they’d offer a higher amount. It’s my understanding that your profile is pretty good, so $3,500 seems low!

1 hour ago, RehabbingANDBlabbing said:

That personal loan doesn’t look too bad,  but you’d think they’d offer a higher amount. It’s my understanding that your profile is pretty good, so $3,500 seems low!

Yeah, it is indeed a small number. LOL...

I think I got a personal loan of $20,000 last year. Then, I reduced the amount to $3,000 to see if the amount reached the minimum borrowing limit. I let the newly adjusted amount in place before I log off my laptop. It must have been recorded internally, and since then, it has always displayed the same amount as it is now.

Frankly, I don’t need a loan from American Express. I was curious to know if I have any prequalification for a loan offer.

If I really need a loan now, I will directly deposit my FNBO 4.99% APR offer for the life of the loan quotation within the loan term into my checking account.  :D

Edited by MP80