Master 2021 Approvals and CLIs Thread (Post Yours!)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is YOUR year.  Pursue quality and do not settle!   No useless store cards, no fee sucker/subprime credit report stains (Credit One, First PREMIER, etc.), no 99% LTV mortgages with nothi

DH's Cap1 Platinum CLI from $1100 to $4100. Instant after one year.   Six months ago Cap1 (without requesting) did a measley auto increase at exactly the 6-month mark upon credit card approv

Hello y'all.   Haven't been on much since right after my husband died in 2017 & haven't done a tremendous amount of applying for anything new either. Some CLIs (13 current cards/$530,10

Also, I am continuing to help my grandmother with her rebuild. She previously filed for chapter 7, which was discharged in 06/2020. Yesterday, I helped her join PenFed. They approved her for an auto loan refinance at 3.2% (not the lowest rate, but better than her current rate of 6.8%) and a Platinum Rewards Visa Signature with a $5k credit line.  The score they cited from Equifax was 748. I am so proud of the progress we have made in her situation. She now has a decent amount of savings, 3 good credit cards, all of her bills are paid on time each month, and her expenses are low.

Edited by RehabbingANDBlabbing

Navy Federal Second Card Application First Card Credit Line Increases...

Second Card Approval SL- $1,000.00 ( yes $1,000.00) HP - TransUnion (approval not instant)

immediately applied to...

First Card CLI - $10,000.00 -> $18,000.00 SP - Equifax (approval 3 days after)

Navy Federal Second Card Application First Card Credit Line Increases - Credit Forum - CreditBoards

Edited by MP80

Got myself a secured card from State Department FCU. Hoping to get my foot in the door so I ca get their cash back Visa in a year or so. 

I got my DH to join PenFed. They gave him a $5k SL on the Pathfinder Visa Signature and 17.99%. Not bad for someone who is rebuilding. They said his score was 648. It has a 50,000 point SUB, but I am not sure what the value will end up being.

In other "approval" news, we settled a case my DH had going against Equifax. It took forever, but that's finally done. We are about to file one more against an OC and all 3 bureaus now that this one is done. These CRAs just can't quit breaking the law!

19 hours ago, schizcat said:

Approved for Amex Gold. Not sure if they'll combine my current preferred card balance. Not even sure I'll activate it. Didn't think they would approve it but took the shot. 0% interest for first 12 months. May make a big purchase and call it a day. AF of $250 is a little steep. 

Gold is not a card to revolve balances on...get a credit card if you MUST revolve balances. 

I fully suspect that reviews down the road on Gold and Plat card will also be incorporating a flag for those who didn't pay in full every month.  It may thin the herd some, but the stock pen will be stronger for it...

Also, if you cannot extract a fee out of the card in terms of value, then the card isn't worth a fee...this holds true for ANY card with fees.

14 hours ago, centex said:

Gold is not a card to revolve balances on...get a credit card if you MUST revolve balances. 

I fully suspect that reviews down the road on Gold and Plat card will also be incorporating a flag for those who didn't pay in full every month.  It may thin the herd some, but the stock pen will be stronger for it...

Also, if you cannot extract a fee out of the card in terms of value, then the card isn't worth a fee...this holds true for ANY card with fees.

Thanks for the clarification and the education. Guess I'll let this one sit and find another card. 

On 10/26/2021 at 12:48 PM, schizcat said:

Thanks for the clarification and the education. Guess I'll let this one sit and find another card. 

I officially canceled the card before I even got it. Hopefully they don't blacklist me from one in the future 

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

why???? it is leaps and bounds better than what is in your siggy.

Wouldn't use it to reap the benefits. Not gonna pay it off every month. It would carry a balance. Not sure what my signature shows but it probably outdated 

Edited by schizcat
On 10/27/2021 at 1:42 PM, schizcat said:

Wouldn't use it to reap the benefits. Not gonna pay it off every month. It would carry a balance. Not sure what my signature shows but it probably outdated 

There is not a good reason to EXPECT to be revolving balances.  There just isn't.  That means you are not the one in control of your money and are dependent upon the handouts from the bank, for which they will be collecting from you above and beyond what you charged...

On 11/1/2021 at 4:13 AM, centex said:

There is not a good reason to EXPECT to be revolving balances.  There just isn't.  That means you are not the one in control of your money and are dependent upon the handouts from the bank, for which they will be collecting from you above and beyond what you charged...

Exactly why I canceled the card. 

22 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Approved for the Chase Freedom Flex card. First Chase card for me and have never been targeted with an offer so surprised they approved me for $15,800.00 CL. Instant online approval. They pulled EX.

I was also surprised because everytime I did a "See if you pre-qualify for a Chase card" I'd get the message that they were unable to find a card for me. This happened several times with my credit reports taken off ice. This is the highest CL approval I've received upon acceptance of a new cc.

Citi Premier (80,000-point SUB)

Instant / $12,700

:lol: 

This is my lowest limit of any major credit card (V/MC/AE), although I do still have a Macy*s store card at $6k.

(Full disclosure: I also have the Citi AAdvantage Executive card that was recently bumped to $54,500)

On 11/3/2021 at 10:06 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

Approved for the Chase Freedom Flex card. First Chase card for me and have never been targeted with an offer so surprised they approved me for $15,800.00 CL. Instant online approval. They pulled EX.

I received my FICO score from Chase They pulled EX and the Scoring System name is Card Acquisition Risk Score V2. My credit score was 861. What is Chase using to score applicants?

16 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Instant / $12,700

This is my lowest limit of any major credit card (V/MC/AE), although I do still have a Macy*s store card at $6k.

(Full disclosure: I also have the Citi AAdvantage Executive card that was recently bumped to $54,500)

Nice! No Disco on your card portfolio?  :wave:

18 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Instant / $12,700

Surprised you didn't jump at this offer this summer when Citi announced a 3-mo window for straight up conversion of Thank You points to AA miles.

Of course, you might not be in the market for add'l AA mileage.  I leapt at this card upon that announcement.  Question is whether I'm going to get my bonus in time for next week's conclusion of the AA conversion promo ( ... statement closes on the 11th, points conversion ends on the 12th).

Edited by hdporter
4 hours ago, hdporter said:

Surprised you didn't jump at this offer this summer when Citi announced a 3-mo window for straight up conversion of Thank You points to AA miles.

Of course, you might not be in the market for add'l AA mileage. 

I can't use AA miles faster than I earn them through flying, so that wouldn't have had any appeal.

With some limited exceptions (occasional SUB on a hotel card), interest in accumulating loyalty points/miles tied to a single airline or hotel chain has dropped to almost zero.

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I can't use AA miles faster than I earn them through flying, so that wouldn't have had any appeal.

With some limited exceptions (occasional SUB on a hotel card), interest in accumulating loyalty points/miles tied to a single airline or hotel chain has dropped to almost zero.

I grasp that ...

I'm banking on a blow out trip once Bev retires (5-7 years out).  I imagine I should apply a stiff discount rate on miles accumulated against that time frame, but I'm holding fast to a $.014/mi valuation.  The opportunity to boost a $800 cash SUB to $1100 in miles pushed me off the ledge to making a run for this  card.