Master 2021 Approvals and CLIs Thread (Post Yours!)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is YOUR year.  Pursue quality and do not settle!   No useless store cards, no fee sucker/subprime credit report stains (Credit One, First PREMIER, etc.), no 99% LTV mortgages with nothi

DH's Cap1 Platinum CLI from $1100 to $4100. Instant after one year.   Six months ago Cap1 (without requesting) did a measley auto increase at exactly the 6-month mark upon credit card approv

Hello y'all.   Haven't been on much since right after my husband died in 2017 & haven't done a tremendous amount of applying for anything new either. Some CLIs (13 current cards/$530,10

3 hours ago, brainchasm said:

BofA Cash Rewards (originally grabbed for a BT).

$19k -> $30k

on website, reports are frozen, picked Engineer as my job (that is the weirdest and least-comprehensive list I've ever seen)

shoulda asked for more...

Just did the math for funsies - that puts me over $300k in open card limits, with $30k of that as a hidden TL.  Whee

Another $11k CLI, this time from Sears ShopYourWay (a Citi-powered Mastercard).

Did online CLI request, card was at $4k, asked for $26k more.  Filled in the usual blanks, hit the checkbox that auth'd Citi to pull my reports...

but my reports are all frozen.

10-15 second response - we'd LIKE to increase your credit limit, but we can't do $30k, yadda yadda, would you like $15k instead?

Yes please.  Yoink!

Posted (edited)

Discover IT card auto CLI from $6200 > $8200.

On another note, what is the process to get a CLI from AMEX? I've only gotten 1 CLI from $3k to 5K and that was 5 years ago. I carried a heavy balance since but now have paid it off.

Edited by schizcat

Picked up Amex Bonvoy travel card. $40K CL, 450/yr. 200 SUB dining credit was nice.

We are aligned with Marriott, so 300/yr in Marriott credits, a (another) free night/yr, incentives to visit Ritz and St Regis properties, Priority Pass Select (does not include Centurion lounges like @cv91915 gets to enjoy), renewal of my Global Entry, and very good travel insurance coverage makes the math of owning this card free for our use.

Beautifully presented welcome kit. Attractive designed metal card with heft. 

On 5/15/2021 at 4:44 PM, DebtFreeIn04 said:

Discover waited about 110 days since last cli denial.  12,900 to 14,400 +1500. 

They were stingy with me as well.  

When I initally applied, they indicated they would perform a CLI review at 3 months. Then they claimed 6 months. Then 1 year. Finally 31 days after first year, they raised me $4K. 800s across all 3 bureaus. No lates or derogatory marks. Blah blah blah. Apparently they feared inquiries from me asking Chase for a CLI. Whatever.

4 hours ago, DebtFreeIn04 said:

I hadn't asked USAA For cli in couple years it was worth the hard pull inquiry 

I've had the card for 8 years and only got one auto CLI. I carried a balance on it for a bit and paid it off slowly. Paid off a couple of other cards and got auto CLIs from them so I figured what the heck.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, brainchasm said:

Tangentially related:

Ew.

USAA is using Fico 3 scores, or at least that's the one they show to customers online.

They pulled EX when doing my CLI

10 hours ago, j7n1o7 said:

How often can you request a CLI from Disco?

For a while they were granting them daily, but that's some time ago.  Try monthly if you'd like; all they can say is no.