Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Looking for online training to understand FICO score and how to increase it

My company helps clients find personal loans/lines/cards. Like most people, new employees do not understand credit scores and what makes them go up and down.  What to be afraid of, and what not to be afraid of.  I am looking for online training that someone can complete that demystifies credit scoring and hopefully shows them the different ways to increase credit score.   Can anyone suggest anything?   Thanks for any help. 

Hey thanks a ton for this, very helpful. 

I have a company that finds people funding. Most of it is based on the personal credit profile. When I hire new people that, like almost everyone else, do not know anything about credit and what affects what it can take a year before they feel confident enough to really advise clients.  Most people think an inquiry is worse than a late payment, or having less open lines is always better etc.  It takes a year for them to realize they are not ruining our clients credit for life. I am looking for training to just demistify what makes a credit score and how to increase it quickly - when possible. I want them to feel more confident is all. 

Problem is most credit experts talk about credit in away that makes people confused because most people just want to get approved for more stuff at better rates without devoting there life to understanding every nuance.  Me telling people you can get damn near everything you want if you just maintain 5-10 lines, some installment, some revolving, without ever being late and making sure your utilizaton is super low when you go to apply... seems to simple to believe I guess.   I just dont know practical stuff like that is out there so any formal training that can build confidence in a new employee is what I was after. 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have any experience with    <outbound link deleted> ?

Edited by CTSoxFan
Links not allowed without permission

Posted (edited)

much cheaper books out there. nobody needs a "certificate" for something like this.

You seem to have a specific context to explain credit to people. I suggest your write a brief overview, presentation, or video specific to your needs as opposed to some sort of "course."

Edited by hegemony

PennFedd butchers everything they touch, so I'm certain this content was provided by Fair Isaac, but this is one of the more comprehensive FAQs on FICO scoring I've seen.

https://www.penfed.org/fico  

I found this by accident after logging into PennFedd's site to see if seven years with their Useless Rewards Visa has earned enough rewards for the coveted Melissa & Doug hand puppets.* 

* Nope!