Hard Copy of TU Credit Report Follow up

I called TU today @ 800 916-8800 and ordered a hard copy of my credit report to be mailed to me. While on the phone the automated prompts kept repeating "Due to the pandemic annualcreditreport.com is offering free credit reports every seven days. Please visit annualcreditreports.com to order your free copy." I specifically wanted a report directly from TU, not annualcreditreports.com. Though WhyChat's instructions are to obtain hard copies from annualcreditreport.com, I believe it was @centex that stated in another thread to only obtain reports straight from the CRA's. I ended up ordering my report from TU directly. I have always ordered from annualcreditreport.com in the past but decided to order from the CRA that has allowed a debt buyer to reinsert a twelve year old DOFD, years passed legal time to report, collection on my TU report.

Edited by StarkRaven$

They WANT people to go to the free report option because it has no real labor cost.  It is a stall tactic in an attempt to keep people from waiting a week to get the paper report.  For disputes, you WANT the paper report.  This is doubly true given that the free reports give them more time to reply TO a dispute submitted to the bureau.

However, once you confirm the existence of the tradeline, your primary dispute will be to the furnisher and it WILL be done in a specific and tailored fashion...no generic tripe. 

You don't want generic tripe in return... Kinds of beef tripe

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't received the TU credit report. The phone recorded drones are confusing. It stated the cost of the TU report and I selected the prompt to order one. After entering all my info it said it would be mailed to me BUT did not ask me for my payment info. So, we'll see.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

Still haven't received the TU credit report. The phone recorded drones are confusing. It stated the cost of the TU report and I selected the prompt to order one. After entering all my info it said it would be mailed to me BUT did not ask me for my payment info. So, we'll see.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you get the paper report without more trouble 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the CO reinsertion on my TU report. I called TU and ordered my CR and am still awaiting the hard copy. That same day I received an email from TU informing me my credit freeze will remain unfrozen until the date I stated to refreeze. What??? I only asked for a CR from TU and never did ask for the CR to be unfrozen. Meanwhile, according to various credit card free TU CC monitoring sites the CO is gone from my report. 

I have NOT initiated a dispute in ANY form or fashion nor have I spoken with anyone on the phone. This Alliance Collections out of Las Vegas is a real piece of work. I will not be surprised if this illegal re-aged reinsertion reappears on my report again. This is the second time this collection agency has poisoned my TU report and then dropped the collection off my report without any action on my part.

However, I will wait for the hard copy of my TU credit report to arrive in the mail to study.

14 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Update on the CO reinsertion on my TU report. I called TU and ordered my CR and am still awaiting the hard copy. That same day I received an email from TU informing me my credit freeze will remain unfrozen until the date I stated to refreeze. What??? I only asked for a CR from TU and never did ask for the CR to be unfrozen. Meanwhile, according to various credit card free TU CC monitoring sites the CO is gone from my report. 

I have NOT initiated a dispute in ANY form or fashion nor have I spoken with anyone on the phone. This Alliance Allied Collections out of Las Vegas is a real piece of work. I will not be surprised if this illegal re-aged reinsertion reappears on my report again. This is the second time this collection agency has poisoned my TU report and then dropped the collection off my report without any action on my part.

However, I will wait for the hard copy of my TU credit report to arrive in the mail to study.

I logged into CK and the CO appeared on 12/25/2020 and dropped off the report on 1/4/2021. 😕

• 2 weeks later...

Still no TU hard copy of my credit report has arrived in the mail. I first requested via automated phone system on 12/28/2020 and then requested again via a live rep on 1/15/2021.

Now if I haven't received the copy directly from TU by next week, I am wondering if requesting a TU credit report directly from annualcreditreport.com would be okay. @Centex says it makes a difference but @WhyChat states obtaining a paper copy through the mail from annualcreditreport.com.

3 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Still no TU hard copy of my credit report has arrived in the mail. I first requested via automated phone system on 12/28/2020 and then requested again via a live rep on 1/15/2021.

Now if I haven't received the copy directly from TU by next week, I am wondering if requesting a TU credit report directly from annualcreditreport.com would be okay. @Centex says it makes a difference but @WhyChat states obtaining a paper copy through the mail from annualcreditreport.com.

Maybe it's because of all those "postal mail delays are possible " the banks keep sending me emails warning about. Your TU report might be somewhere in the mail? Similar to the old cliche "the check is in the mail" 

TBH, I haven't noticed any mail delays myself. 

On 2/2/2021 at 5:08 AM, swimmingwithsharks said:

Maybe it's because of all those "postal mail delays are possible " the banks keep sending me emails warning about. Your TU report might be somewhere in the mail? Similar to the old cliche "the check is in the mail" 

TBH, I haven't noticed any mail delays myself. 

Maybe you're right. 

Are you planning to dispute this TL, or do you just want to see if it's there/how it's reporting, without getting the free report that extends the timeframe for the bureau to respond to a dispute?

If you want an interim peek before your paper report arrives, just use the backdoor.

10 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Are you planning to dispute this TL, or do you just want to see if it's there/how it's reporting, without getting the free report that extends the timeframe for the bureau to respond to a dispute?

If you want an interim peek before your paper report arrives, just use the backdoor.

I want to be able to get a hard copy credit report directly from TU, UNLESS requesting a hard copy from annual credit report would suffice. The CO is gone at the moment. It may return. 

4 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I want to be able to get a hard copy credit report directly from TU, UNLESS requesting a hard copy from annual credit report would suffice. The CO is gone at the moment. It may return. 

The Annual Credit Report website is merely a conduit to the 3 CRA's.  It provides no reports itself, and instead directs you to each individual CRA's website to obtain reports through an interface.

As such, any hard copy obtained would be as legitimate as one requested from TU by phone, etc.  The question on my mind is whether the Annual Credit Report portal allows you to request mailed reports.

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

The Annual Credit Report website is merely a conduit to the 3 CRA's.  It provides no reports itself, and instead directs you to each individual CRA's website to obtain reports through an interface.

As such, any hard copy obtained would be as legitimate as one requested from TU by phone, etc.  The question on my mind is whether the Annual Credit Report portal allows you to request mailed reports.

That's what I have always thought all along that annualcreditreport.com retrieves the reports directly from the bureaus. Yes you can obtain a mailed report.

If I don't receive a cr from TU and the CO reappears on my report, I guess it would be ok to just order one from annualcreditreport.com. Then follow the steps with WhyChat.

9 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

That's what I have always thought all along that annualcreditreport.com retrieves the reports directly from the bureaus. Yes you can obtain a mailed report.

If I don't receive a cr from TU and the CO reappears on my report, I guess it would be ok to just order one from annualcreditreport.com. Then follow the steps with WhyChat.

I'm still not clear what you intend to do with the report, which is important.

I asked this and didn't get a "yes."

21 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Are you planning to dispute this TL

And then later:

9 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Then follow the steps with WhyChat.

The primary reason to avoid ACR reports is it gives the bureau 45 days to investigate and respond to a dispute instead of 30.

Is there some other reason why you want to avoid ACR?  Maybe I've asked the wrong questions.

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm still not clear what you intend to do with the report, which is important. When I ordered the hard copy I had a reaged CO on my cr. It fell off my cr unbeknownst to me while I have been waiting for my cr to arrive in the mail. So, since it fell off I plan on doing nothing.

I asked this and didn't get a "yes." If the CO was still on my cr (like it was when I ordered my cr), I planned on following the proper creditboards instructions on removing it.

And then later:

The primary reason to avoid ACR reports is it gives the bureau 45 days to investigate and respond to a dispute instead of 30. ACR = annualcteditreport.com. So is that the only difference?

Is there some other reason why you want to avoid ACR?  Maybe I've asked the wrong questions.

This is the second time this same collection agency has reaged an ancient account and then it was removed without me asking or doing anything to cause the removal. I suspect it will happen again. I want to be able to get the proper cr if and when it happens again. 

Additionally curious if negatives have appeared, then vanished, then appear again years later without any action from the owner of the negative trade line. I have never read anything about it here or elsewhere.

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

This is the second time this same collection agency has reaged an ancient account and then it was removed without me asking or doing anything to cause the removal. I suspect it will happen again. I want to be able to get the proper cr if and when it happens again. 

Additionally curious if negatives have appeared, then vanished, then appear again years later without any action from the owner of the negative trade line. I have never read anything about it here or elsewhere.

If you don't currently plan to dispute, just mail in the request to ACR.