On a lighter note, y’all got

brazen

All of your holiday shopping done? Is this year going to be light or heavy with spending money 🤣 are you scaling back your holiday festivities? I have to work Christmas Eve hopefully we will be off early. Christmas day will be just be usual. We have a budget for each kid and for each family member. But the procrastinator in me I have not started shopping yet. Fail. Lol I suspect the teenagers will be getting gift cards. 🤣

Our family doesn't do gifts anymore, and we haven't for several years, and this has been the best gift of all.

On Christmas we just get together with my parents and enjoy a huge meal and each other's company.

I initiated the moratorium after gift exchanges with my brother and his family had devolved into trading gift cards for things we'd just buy on our own anyway. 

"Ooooh!  A Target gift card.  How thoughtful.  How did you know we are almost out of Q-Tips?"

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Our family doesn't do gifts anymore, and we haven't for several years, and this has been the best gift of all.

On Christmas we just get together with my parents and enjoy a huge meal and each other's company.

I initiated the moratorium after gift exchanges with my brother and his family had devolved into trading gift cards for things we'd just buy on our own anyway. 

"Ooooh!  A Target gift card.  How thoughtful.  How did you know we are almost out of Q-Tips?"

Exactly!  We stopped exchanging with the adults a few years ago.  Their gift is my presence which costs me between $2000-$3000 to go back home each year.  We still buy for my niece and nephew, but that train stops when they graduate HS.

I send things to my parents randomly throughout the year, but I also always send them an enormous Mrs. Prindable's apple to kick off the holiday season, usually right after Thanksgiving.

This was more of an indulgent treat (to give) before they started selling them at places like Macys.com and QVC (originally I could only find them at Neiman Marcus), but it's a 20+ year old tradition and they look forward to it every year.

This year's:

3cC5JDh.png

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/mrs-prindables-double-chocolate-peanut-butter-almond-jumbo-caramel-apple-prod220160058?childItemId=NMHC7QA_

Edited by cv91915

• Admin
7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I send things to my parents randomly throughout the year, but I also always send them an enormous Mrs. Prindable's apple to kick off the holiday season, usually right after Thanksgiving.

This was more of an indulgent treat (to give) before they started selling them at places like Macys.com and QVC (originally I could only find them at Neiman Marcus), but it's a 20+ year old tradition and they look forward to it every year.

This year's:

3cC5JDh.png

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/mrs-prindables-double-chocolate-peanut-butter-almond-jumbo-caramel-apple-prod220160058?childItemId=NMHC7QA_

Did you lose my address to have mine delivered? 

:rofl:

Dayum that looks good.