Despite federal ban, renters still being evicted amid virus

hegemony

1 hour ago, CreditSucksNot said:

*** The other drivel Jethrine wrote has been snipped ***

Unable to pay due to income reduction or loss due to covid is ONE of them.  

Online schooling from home is COVID-related, Einstein.  

1 hour ago, CreditSucksNot said:

On his knees servicing his johns as always on a Saturday night.  ANY opinion that mentally ill government schill has is worth the used toilet paper clogging his tenement crap stained toilet.

Oh, and I like your theory, Jethrine.  It shows that you anti-vaxxers have a home-grown imagination caused by that syph infection ravaging your peanut brain.  We are lucky you won't be getting that free COVID-19 vaccine.  That's $38 less Pfizer has to waste on Neanderthals that are expendable.  

There's some discrepancy somewhere ... too tired to try to search through the article/articles linked here for where there's a reference to a "COVID-19 hardship".f

I don't find any such reference in the CDC order.  Here's the only pertinent text I see that determines who is qualified under the order:

Who is a “covered person” for purposes of this Order?
A “covered person” is any tenant, lessee, or resident of a residential property who provides to their landlord, the owner of the residential property, or other person with a legal right to pursue eviction or a possessory action, a declaration under penalty of perjury that:
(1) The individual has used best efforts to obtain all available government assistance for rent or housing;
(2) The individual either (i) expects to earn no more than $99,000 in annual income for Calendar Year 2020 (or no more than $198,000 if filing a joint tax return), (ii) was not required to report any income in 2019 to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, or (iii) received an Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check) pursuant to Section 2201 of the CARES Act;
(3) The individual is unable to pay the full rent or make a full housing payment due to substantial loss of household income, loss of compensable hours of work or wages, a lay-off, or extraordinary out-of-pocket medical expenses2;
(4) The individual is using best efforts to make timely partial payments that are as close to the full payment as the individual's circumstances may permit, taking into account other nondiscretionary expenses; and
(5) Eviction would likely render the individual homeless— or force the individual to move into and live in close quarters in a new congregate or shared living setting—because the individual has no other available housing options.

• Admin

The tone of this board has shifted.  Many have presented themselves as being judgmental, harsh, and showing extraordinarily little compassion for those in less fortunate circumstances.   This makes CreditBoards a less friendly, safe place to be.  That is very disappointing to see happen.

20 hours ago, MarvBear said:

The tone of this board has shifted.  Many have presented themselves as being judgmental, harsh, and showing extraordinarily little compassion for those in less fortunate circumstances.   This makes CreditBoards a less friendly, safe place to be.  That is very disappointing to see happen.

There are two sides to every coin, Marv.

Where's the compassion for the landlord who cannot collect rent?  Who will pay his kid's tuition at school?  Put food on the table?  Keep his property out of foreclosure?  

20 hours ago, MarvBear said:

This has been - and still is - a haven for people to get help with credit and financial matters, and I'm glad I stuck around to help people whenever I can.

It's become common here to mistake criticism for a clickbait headline writer or an author who presents only emotional arguments with a lack of sympathy for the hapless subjects of these ridiculous emotional puff pieces.

There is a reason you will not find any master threads on CB explaining how to get negative info removed if you have a homeless terrier.

If we could all take a step back for a minute, this woman has three minor children.  I'm certain she expressed dire concern for them when she was interviewed, but this publication chose to give the dog top billing,  And that's really the point.

I agree a step back is needed. <<<< Yes, me of all people just said that. 

I’m greatful I have haven’t had to resort to standing in food lines to put food on the table or go out and steal it. Yes we can all debate, argue, and discuss the how and why someone is on the skids all day long. However these are not normal times. 

Btw. I have a pair of vise grips and a blow torch available to deal with those who would give a dog top billing over a child. 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, PotO said:

Online schooling from home is COVID-related, Einstein.  

Oh, and I like your theory, Jethrine.  It shows that you anti-vaxxers have a home-grown imagination caused by that syph infection ravaging your peanut brain.  We are lucky you won't be getting that free COVID-19 vaccine.  That's $38 less Pfizer has to waste on Neanderthals that are expendable.  

Before Covid, I remember there was a caregiver for my client that after the family reminded her to get a flu shot, she retorted, "No I don't believe in them." Shortly after, due to incompetence, she was fired. Looks like the same will apply to the vaccine.

Yes, your boss can fire you if you refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine (msn.com)

2 hours ago, TheVig said:

I don’t think an employer needs to offer a financial incentive to get the vaccine. The occasional low rent pizza party is usually sufficient enough reward to keep most people happy. 

Some prefer to use the carrot approach and others the stick.

My employer uses the stick method.  You get the vaccine or end up in the brig.  My son's university isn't too big on carrots, either.  You get the vaccine or you are an ex-student and wind up in @hegemony's classes at UNLV.  

I have great sympathy for those that lost their small businesses, and are legitimately job displaced due to the virus. Or those that are immunocompromised and can't work out in the public, or take care of elderly family members that have to be extra careful to exposure.

We have a group of people in our state that gives everyone else a bad name that truly needs help, some of those collecting PUA.  Some were receiving huge lump sums with the extra federal monies, and thought it was an opportune time for shopping for TVS and video game stations rather than catch up on bills, pay rent in advance etc, and be good stewards of their funds so it would go further. Multiple groups on FB to watch and see these trainwrecks, it is very sad. Then a month later starting a GoFund me because they cant pay their rent. I belong to a WAH group, where hundreds of employers are hiring remote workers right now, its a huge trend, the money isn't super high but its a starting point to put food on the table and make a car payment or whatever. I would post referring folks to groups to help themselves with employment they could do from home with a desktop and internet. I got crickets and excuses, so I stopped trying to suggest ways to help themselves.

I get empathy, and I know everyone is a human being, and deserves help, but it isn't meant to be unlimited, it is meant to be short term until you can help yourself. COVID is here to stay most likely, IMO much like the flu, with a vaccine each year. But at some point you have to put your big girl panties on and help yourself. Our teenager, got a job right after COVID started because everyone was hiring, and her high school was remote. She banked a ton of money and bought her first car. She took the necessary precautions, wore a mask, and followed all the guidelines. If she can do it anyone can do it. 

It sucks that there are no hard and fast answers as we are all in this unprecedented time, each facing our own challenges. I wish everyone struggling to find their own lights at the end of their tunnels. I think that's what makes our country truly special is you are in charge of your own destiny and income, only capped by your own limitations.

I hope you all stay happy and health. JMHO and 2 cents. Blessings to all of our CB family.

Topic Under Special Surveillance Please be aware that management is watching this topic closely and it is at high risk of being closed.  Any members who violate our terms of service once this tag has been applied to a thread will be immediately warned and, depending on the mood of the administrators, may be restricted from posting for 24 hours.  Please consider your response carefully.