Hello

• I'm trying to open a business checking account
  • Have an Account Abuse thing on EWS

I searched and searched and can't find much here on this

Any help is appreciated

Specifics:

• Chexsystems was good last time I checked, not long ago
  • I will fight the negative thing somehow; but that will be next
    • I assume I don't have to worry right now about my personal accounts being closed due to EWS??
  • It's a brand new business just incorporated
  • I found on CreditBoards possible options:
    • Bank of the West (they only look at EIN not signers?)
    • Woodforest National Bank
    • Nothing else so clear
      • Maybe credit unions?
      • Call and ask
      • Someone keeps a list of this stuff? Or used to?
  • I could have my wife open the account, but she's not listed in the articles of incorporation...
  • For the record: The negative report on EWS is a $700 paid overdraft from Chase. I tried making the payment like 5 times and I even got a confirmation number from them, the ACH payments never left my account. I was told it won't go to EWS cause less than 30 days, etc., etc., etc., - ended up being more like 90 days and made it to EWS. Took place between July to September, so a couple months ago. Shoulda just gone to the bank to make the payment or just not paid for the same price. Anyway

9 hours ago, mancunian said:

Hello

• I'm trying to open a business checking account
  • Have an Account Abuse thing on EWS

I searched and searched and can't find much here on this

Any help is appreciated

Specifics:

• Chexsystems was good last time I checked, not long ago
  • I will fight the negative thing somehow; but that will be next
    • I assume I don't have to worry right now about my personal accounts being closed due to EWS??
  • It's a brand new business just incorporated
  • I found on CreditBoards possible options:
    • Bank of the West (they only look at EIN not signers?)
    • Woodforest National Bank
    • Nothing else so clear
      • Maybe credit unions?
      • Call and ask
      • Someone keeps a list of this stuff? Or used to?
  • I could have my wife open the account, but she's not listed in the articles of incorporation...
  • For the record: The negative report on EWS is a $700 paid overdraft from Chase. I tried making the payment like 5 times and I even got a confirmation number from them, the ACH payments never left my account. I was told it won't go to EWS cause less than 30 days, etc., etc., etc., - ended up being more like 90 days and made it to EWS. Took place between July to September, so a couple months ago. Shoulda just gone to the bank to make the payment or just not paid for the same price. Anyway

I am on EWS and Chexsystems both. I have a business account at Wells Fargo, and First Tech Fed CU. I am in Ohio so they are not local to me. What state are you from ?

I am in New York

Wells Fargo actually declined me for an account and sent me a letter about EWS (that's in fact how I found out about this issue)

Maybe apply with First Tech Fed then... Edit: First Tech Fed won't work for me in New York (as far as I can tell) since they don't have branches here and business account can't be opened online it seems. Unless I'm wrong and after becoming a member that's possible to do online

Thanks

Edited by mancunian

10 hours ago, mancunian said:

I am in New York

Wells Fargo actually declined me for an account and sent me a letter about EWS (that's in fact how I found out about this issue)

Maybe apply with First Tech Fed then... Edit: First Tech Fed won't work for me in New York (as far as I can tell) since they don't have branches here and business account can't be opened online it seems. Unless I'm wrong and after becoming a member that's possible to do online

Thanks

First Tech Fed is a little different when opening a business account with them. You first have to open a personal account with them ( can be opened online ), then to open business you call customer service and they email you the account forms and you fill out and send back with the required docs. you would email them back and then it takes 7-15 days to open it. Because of covid they are short staffed and when i became a member i waited 11 days for the personal account ( that can be opened online ). Just join https://financialfitnessassociation.org/first-tech-federal-credit-union/  to be eligible to join First Tech. I am in Ohio and there are no branches near me.  They have shared branching , zelle , mobile deposits, and i can make ATM deposits at most shared branches. I hope this helps. 

• 11 months later...

By the way, to follow up here, I got my (personal and) business account with First Tech Fed

Checking and savings on both sides

Thanks for all assistance

All good with them so far. Except Zelle limit at $500 and no business Zelle or ACH.

Edited by mancunian