Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Hey Jerkies Got Your Turkeys?

Whatcha having for Thanksgiving? I have our turkey. Will be taking it out of the freezer on Sunday to thaw in the frig. Just DH, beloved canine and I will be pigging out. Please list what you're having for Thanksgiving.

PSDSNnJ.jpg

We are going to try the cornish hens this year, with only 4 in the family and only available are big a$$ turkeys now, 3 pack conish hen seems logical.

1 hour ago, Krish said:

We are going to try the cornish hens this year, with only 4 in the family and only available are big a$$ turkeys now, 3 pack conish hen seems logical.

That's sounds delicious. 

We bought a 16 pound turkey. Will freeze what we don't eat. Also we're making our infamous mashed potatoes with sour cream, garlic and dill. It's yummy. Then the traditional stuffing, veggies, rolls and Julian cherry pie with cherry ice cream. 

Mom and Dad are hosting.  TAD flies in tomorrow, and we are going to invite my hag to join us on TG since no one in her family is speaking to her.  

M+D bought a 22# turkey.  

I'm making dessert.  I picked this because I know it will make Mom happy:

Pecan Pie Cheesecake

2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Mom and Dad are hosting.  TAD flies in tomorrow, and we are going to invite my hag to join us on TG since no one in her family is speaking to her.  

M+D bought a 22# turkey.  

I'm making dessert.  I picked this because I know it will make Mom happy:

Pecan Pie Cheesecake

Who is your hag? Pecan Pie sounds wonderful!.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:44 AM, Krish said:

I did the cornish hens in years past when I was either alone for the holiday or only had one person with me...even deep-friend them one year.  But I preferred the oven given that I like doing my stuffing in a bird. 

2 hours ago, centex said:

I did the cornish hens in years past when I was either alone for the holiday or only had one person with me...even deep-friend them one year.  But I preferred the oven given that I like doing my stuffing in a bird. 

I do the same and use those turkey oven bags. It always turns out moist and cooked evenly.

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I do the same and use those turkey oven bags. It always turns out moist and cooked evenly.

Never used one of those...when I need to keep a bird moist, I use copious amounts of butter and basting. 

It does beg the question...if one used a beer can for grilling chicken, would you use a 40oz for a turkey? 

1 hour ago, centex said:

Never used one of those...when I need to keep a bird moist, I use copious amounts of butter and basting. 

It does beg the question...if one used a beer can for grilling chicken, would you use a 40oz for a turkey? 

I have been cooking turkeys in this old fashioned pot for over 20 years. With the oven bag it cooks quicker.

BHAWFGP.jpg

4 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I have been cooking turkeys in this old fashioned pot for over 20 years. With the oven bag it cooks quicker.

BHAWFGP.jpg

Got the roasting pan...I'm too old to be learning new tricks like bags LOL!