Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Finally 700 club unexpected but happy

Just checked experian trial for all 3 fico 8 scores on a whim.  Thought I was in the 670 to 680 range from discover and amex fico. 

EQ 703

TU 700

EX 680

That's with 57% utilization (working hard on that)

5-6yr old late pays

All else pretty clean 8 yr old aaoa. 24 open and 20 closed accounts.  Just scored nfcu 12k 2nd New account in 2 years. Thinking of rolling the dice again but would have to be something useful. 

Thanks to all you smart guys and gals for help and support. 

A big thank you to credit boards. I congratulate you.  I’m close to cleaning my records after 7 years of living with 2 bankruptcy.

I get scared tho because I don’t want to ruin it. Lol 

Before I mess up I’m ask here for advice.

2 hours ago, Killbadcredit said:

A big thank you to credit boards. I congratulate you.  I’m close to cleaning my records after 7 years of living with 2 bankruptcy.

I get scared tho because I don’t want to ruin it. Lol 

Before I mess up I’m ask here for advice.

Congratulations! 

3 hours ago, DebtFreeIn04 said:

Just checked experian trial for all 3 fico 8 scores on a whim.  Thought I was in the 670 to 680 range from discover and amex fico. 

EQ 703

TU 700

EX 680

That's with 57% utilization (working hard on that)

5-6yr old late pays

All else pretty clean 8 yr old aaoa. 24 open and 20 closed accounts.  Just scored nfcu 12k 2nd New account in 2 years. Thinking of rolling the dice again but would have to be something useful. 

Thanks to all you smart guys and gals for help and support. 

Yep ... it was when I cleared a 4-year clean history watermark that I first broke through 680.  Congrats!!  It's a very satisfying feeling! :good:

My recommendation on how best to leverage that score improvement, near term, would be to very selectively apply for 1 or 2 new cards with 0% bt intro rates (I'm assuming that you're currently footing some interest expense on that utilization), and nudging around your current issuers for CLI's, in an attempt to knock that utilization rate down a bit.

In the current risk environment, I advise some caution.  Now's not a good time to rack up inquiries ... where you're going to incur any, make sure it's a decently reasoned app/request with appropriate reward promise.