PNC is negotiating to buy BBVA in the US

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pnc-is-in-advanced-talks-to-buy-u-s-arm-of-spains-bbva-11605483824?mod=hp_lead_pos4

The article may be behind a pay wall. 

"PNC Financial Services Group Inc. is in talks to buy the U.S. arm of Spain’s BBVA for more than $11 billion, according to people familiar with the matter, in one of the largest bank tie-ups since the financial crisis." - WSJ

6 hours ago, centex said:

...it would be a move that opened up the PNC footprint across the nation...there are still States they do not serve (or at least won't open accounts for residents in those States). 

AFAIK PNC personal deposit accounts are available nationwide BUT biz cards are not.

I have PNC checking (opened online) but I'm outside their footprint for biz cards. Hope this goes through because I am in BBVA's footprint!

2 hours ago, Occam said:

AFAIK PNC personal deposit accounts are available nationwide BUT biz cards are not.

I have PNC checking (opened online) but I'm outside their footprint for biz cards. Hope this goes through because I am in BBVA's footprint!

I looked recently at the credit card options but Texas is not a State that they are taking applications from...which is what prompted my footprint thought.  Lots of BBVA banks around due to their acquisition of Compass. 

5 hours ago, centex said:

I looked recently at the credit card options but Texas is not a State that they are taking applications from...which is what prompted my footprint thought.  Lots of BBVA banks around due to their acquisition of Compass. 

I'm in the same boat in another state but only looked at PNC biz cards. Can't get them here either.

You might want to grab the $500 SUB BBVA Select Card before the acquisition, if you haven't already. AF waived first year, then $99. It's not worth keeping after that but maybe you'll be able to PC to a PNC card.

I will just close mine after a year unless PNC transitions it to something better or allows a product change.

Edited by Occam