Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Educate me on disputing, while you have another dispute going on?

So I need to thank Credit board for helping me. When I first joined, I was lost and now thanks to all of you I get how it works.  I can’t thank you enough.

Now after last seven years of bad credit due to bad decision and 2 bankruptcies seems like forever. 

What happens is you forgot that you already are disputing that same account?

For example; I’m trying so hard to delete my last bankruptcy. I admit I forget and get frustrated resulting in stupid decisions.

If I send in dispute for bankruptcy  and two weeks later I resend it again?

Does that extend the date the credit bearu have to investigate original dispute?

Edited by Killbadcredit
Editing

I'll let someone else address the timeframe for a credit bureau investigation in this situation.

Instead, I'm offering a suggestion (by way of example) of how I keep track of credit "events", such as disputes.  I'm too lazy to set up a file for most things, or dig for such a file when needed, so I send myself an email with the relevant info, choosing a subject line that is easy to search for, uniquely identifies the event, and permits me to track the event over time:

In your shoes, I might send myself an email that has as a subject line:  HD EXP dispute 20201115 BK  (the date format is one that I typically use because it will sort properly should I extract the info into a spreadsheet ... there's no particular magic for the format in this example, however.)

A later search on "HD EXP" will surface all Experian related events, likely filtering most everything else out.

When I receive a response from EXP, I'll search for the latest relevant email and forward it to myself, editing it to append the most recent information, and update the date in the subject to the current date.

This creates a very handy dated trail of emails, as well as a current email that contains all the relevant history.  I use a similar procedure by which to track credit card "events" (again, using subject lines that employ a shorthand reference to id cardholder, issuer,  card descriptor, and event type), providing a dated trail that keeps me abreast of, for example, when it might be useful to request a new CLI for a given credit line.  I can pretty much pull up a history of CLI requests/approvals/denials for any card in a flash.

I find this very helpful in managing a portfolio of 40+ credit card accounts between Bev and myself..

Any new information, same account or not, is going to be appended in most cases to the original dispute.  So yes, you risk extending the length of time AND with the duplication resulting in a matter being deemed frivolous. 

1 hour ago, Killbadcredit said:

Thanks Centex, your reply is more then enough for me. Thanks for explaining that. It’s a stupid question, yet I was wondering. 

Wise words from Mr Garrison. - Imgur

To clarify...you are not the first to ask the question and won't be the last...and it is ALWAYS better to ASK before acting than to have to figure out how to undo the damage.

Thanks Centex.

So what happens if you have a bankruptcy dispute and you send another dispute for say a “ABC collection”?

Will they still dispute your new “ABC collection “ or not because of the bankruptcy dispute you already got?

By the way thanks in advance, I appreciate your response.

Edited by Killbadcredit

They would see it, but you have given them more time to work all of them.  I don't believe any court has ever been asked to hold their feet to the fire, likely since it would be difficult to show an actual harm from a few extra weeks.  

Just remember that credit report triaging is not a sprint.  It is a marathon.  People don't screw their credit up overnight and it is not realistic to anticipate an overnight resolution.  And even as an identity theft victim, I probably STILL had a good hundred hours invested in getting things back in good order...some of that is time spent learning the specific provisions of credit-related law that I could maximize and some of it was putting together the framework for the letters I use.  Those that have an even more screwed up report might have even more time invested in their reports.  At a lodestar of $300 per hour, it cost me ~$30K in addition to the quarter-mil or so that the various banks got taken for...and for the most part, none of us were ever made whole. 

Hello good sir.  1st off  Thank you for the awesome forum.

Good Vibes  form here that I might get some honest & efficient advice.

Ok.. disputed a report via Experian.

Dispute came back as valid. 

The problem I guess may be the verbage? With the  CA attempting to collect the debit in exchange for removing the "bad" report. Now how much of a fair honest  chance to dispute said debt regardless if it is true or not. Against a business that is in business to purchase these types of debits whereas not one employee of business were involved in the original contract/agreement verbal or written, handshake, payment plan or whatever. They are in business to report or pay. Valid or not. 

Feels like strong arm robbery.

Of course the CA feels the charge is valid.  Any way I can sum up all that butt hurt into some lawyer lingo?

11 hours ago, Tripl7ens said:

Hello good sir.  1st off  Thank you for the awesome forum.

Good Vibes  form here that I might get some honest & efficient advice.

Ok.. disputed a report via Experian.

Dispute came back as valid. 

The problem I guess may be the verbage? With the  CA attempting to collect the debit in exchange for removing the "bad" report. Now how much of a fair honest  chance to dispute said debt regardless if it is true or not. Against a business that is in business to purchase these types of debits whereas not one employee of business were involved in the original contract/agreement verbal or written, handshake, payment plan or whatever. They are in business to report or pay. Valid or not. 

Feels like strong arm robbery.

Of course the CA feels the charge is valid.  Any way I can sum up all that butt hurt into some lawyer lingo?

welcome to CB!

what means did you employ for your dispute?

what type of debt is this? what is the SOL for your state?

Hello.

Online dispute via Experian android app. 

The debit is a joint apartment lease.

During this contract.

I had gotten injured at work.

Filed for my unemployment benefits. Due to the injury.

Benefits were delayed.

I got behind on bills. 

Benefits started coming. 

I sat down with management. Signed a weekly payment plan to catch up. Day 1. Wednesday

Made 1st payment Day 2. Thursday

3day pay or quit notice on my door

Day 3 Friday.

Office is closed over weekend . They were in middle of painting the whole complex 

This was in California 6years ago

Hello.

During this contract.

Benefits were delayed.

I got behind on bills. 

Benefits started coming. 

I sat down with management. Signed a weekly payment plan to catch up. Day 1. Wednesday

Day 3 Friday.

Office is closed over weekend . They were in middle of painting the whole complex 

SOL 7

15 hours ago, Tripl7ens said:

Hello.

During this contract.

Benefits were delayed.

I got behind on bills. 

Benefits started coming. 

Day 3 Friday.

SOL 7

in the future please avoid online disputes and receiving results via email/online.

I suggest you start a new thread specific to your situation so that others with more knowledge of this type of debt than me see you posts.

15 hours ago, Tripl7ens said:

Hello.

During this contract.

Benefits were delayed.

I got behind on bills. 

Benefits started coming. 

Day 3 Friday.

SOL 7

Concurring with Hege that this needs its own thread.  More specific information is needed related to HOW it is reporting on PAPER reports.  As noted, online disputes are very rarely a recommended way of doing things, especially at the front of the process.  About the only time it will be recommended is with SOME obsolete claims...