Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

US Bank CLI Question

I'm approaching my first 6-month anniversary on my US Bank credit card and curious if I can request a CLI and, if they do soft or hard pulls. Does anyone know? They approved me with just a $5K limit.

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I'm approaching my first 6-month anniversary on my US Bank credit card and curious if I can request a CLI and, if they do soft or hard pulls. Does anyone know? They approved me with just a $5K limit.

Yes.  Your post reminded me that Bev's 6th statement recently cut and I requested a CLI.  She was approved for an increase to $10k (from an initial $5k).  I don't believe I've received a hard inquiry for a CLI request.

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Yes.  Your post reminded me that Bev's 6th statement recently cut and I requested a CLI.  She was approved for an increase to $10k (from an initial $5k).  I don't believe I've received a hard inquiry for a CLI request.

I'll wait until after the 6th statement cuts. 

On 11/12/2020 at 12:10 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

I'll wait until after the 6th statement cuts. 

Don't keep us waiting.

This prompted me to request for myself (last CLI was Jul 6).  Currently at $20k.  Declined.  (I'll report back when they send the AA letter.)

On 1/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, hdporter said:

This prompted me to request for myself (last CLI was Jul 6).  Currently at $20k.  Declined.  (I'll report back when they send the AA letter.)

Thanks for the update. I used to get automatic CL  increases on my USBank card, but that stopped years ago. I've never followed up. Maybe I'll poke the bear and see if there's a growl, too. 

On 11/13/2020 at 6:44 PM, Zanshiro said:

I do not miss those days of dot-matrix doom -_-

I'll see your dot matrix and raise you a daisy wheel printer

On 1/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, hdporter said:

Received reason for denial yesterday:  Previous change to credit limit in the past 6 mo.  (Jul 6 incr -> Jan 14 request, 7 statements in the interim).

Guess I (we) better try at 7 mo (210 day) minimum intervals.