US Bank CLI Question

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I'm approaching my first 6-month anniversary on my US Bank credit card and curious if I can request a CLI and, if they do soft or hard pulls. Does anyone know? They approved me with just a $5K limit.

Yes.  Your post reminded me that Bev's 6th statement recently cut and I requested a CLI.  She was approved for an increase to $10k (from an initial $5k).  I don't believe I've received a hard inquiry for a CLI request.

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Yes.  Your post reminded me that Bev's 6th statement recently cut and I requested a CLI.  She was approved for an increase to $10k (from an initial $5k).  I don't believe I've received a hard inquiry for a CLI request.

I'll wait until after the 6th statement cuts. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, hdporter said:

This prompted me to request for myself (last CLI was Jul 6).  Currently at $20k.  Declined.  (I'll report back when they send the AA letter.)

Thanks for the update. I used to get automatic CL  increases on my USBank card, but that stopped years ago. I've never followed up. Maybe I'll poke the bear and see if there's a growl, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, hdporter said:

This prompted me to request for myself (last CLI was Jul 6).  Currently at $20k.  Declined.  (I'll report back when they send the AA letter.)

Received reason for denial yesterday:  Previous change to credit limit in the past 6 mo.  (Jul 6 incr -> Jan 14 request, 7 statements in the interim).

Guess I (we) better try at 7 mo (210 day) minimum intervals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, hdporter said:

Received reason for denial yesterday:  Previous change to credit limit in the past 6 mo.  (Jul 6 incr -> Jan 14 request, 7 statements in the interim).

Guess I (we) better try at 7 mo (210 day) minimum intervals.

Just reporting back that I pushed another CLI request through for my US Bank Cash+ card today.  Approved; $5k taking me to $25k.  Today was a couple of days past the 7 mo mark since my last increase.

To save myself time and aggravation, I've flagged Sep 10 (7 mo) for my next CLI request.  (btw, anyone know US Bank's cap on soft inquiry CLI requests??)

On 11/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

I'm approaching my first 6-month anniversary on my US Bank credit card and curious if I can request a CLI and, if they do soft or hard pulls. Does anyone know? They approved me with just a $5K limit.

Hey @StarkRaven$, is this off your radar?  Are there struggles that you're holding back on?  I'm sure I'm not the only one with a supportive comment at the ready :) ...