Jump to content

US Bank CLI Question


Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I'm approaching my first 6-month anniversary on my US Bank credit card and curious if I can request a CLI and, if they do soft or hard pulls. Does anyone know? They approved me with just a $5K limit.

 

Yes.  Your post reminded me that Bev's 6th statement recently cut and I requested a CLI.  She was approved for an increase to $10k (from an initial $5k).  I don't believe I've received a hard inquiry for a CLI request.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hdporter said:

 

Yes.  Your post reminded me that Bev's 6th statement recently cut and I requested a CLI.  She was approved for an increase to $10k (from an initial $5k).  I don't believe I've received a hard inquiry for a CLI request.

I'll wait until after the 6th statement cuts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, hdporter said:

This prompted me to request for myself (last CLI was Jul 6).  Currently at $20k.  Declined.  (I'll report back when they send the AA letter.)

Thanks for the update. I used to get automatic CL  increases on my USBank card, but that stopped years ago. I've never followed up. Maybe I'll poke the bear and see if there's a growl, too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, hdporter said:

This prompted me to request for myself (last CLI was Jul 6).  Currently at $20k.  Declined.  (I'll report back when they send the AA letter.)

 

Received reason for denial yesterday:  Previous change to credit limit in the past 6 mo.  (Jul 6 incr -> Jan 14 request, 7 statements in the interim).

 

Guess I (we) better try at 7 mo (210 day) minimum intervals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, hdporter said:

 

Received reason for denial yesterday:  Previous change to credit limit in the past 6 mo.  (Jul 6 incr -> Jan 14 request, 7 statements in the interim).

 

Guess I (we) better try at 7 mo (210 day) minimum intervals.

 

Just reporting back that I pushed another CLI request through for my US Bank Cash+ card today.  Approved; $5k taking me to $25k.  Today was a couple of days past the 7 mo mark since my last increase.

 

To save myself time and aggravation, I've flagged Sep 10 (7 mo) for my next CLI request.  (btw, anyone know US Bank's cap on soft inquiry CLI requests??)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

I'm approaching my first 6-month anniversary on my US Bank credit card and curious if I can request a CLI and, if they do soft or hard pulls. Does anyone know? They approved me with just a $5K limit.

 

Hey @StarkRaven$, is this off your radar?  Are there struggles that you're holding back on?  I'm sure I'm not the only one with a supportive comment at the ready :) ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      180,569
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    CandiedCredit
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines