Chase declined me with a 895 Chase score

So yesterday I was 1 day under 5/24 so I applied for the Chase IHG card for the 140,000 bonus, notice came back that it was under review. This morning

I get a decline letter stating derogatory and delinquent relationship with Chase.I called in this morning and they brought up a BK from 15 years ago, I have 5 approved apps in the last 5 years including Sapphire Reserve, letter also stated a 895 out of 900 Chase rating.

Called lending to find out what's up, basically I'm at the top end of the credit they will give me over my 3 current cards which I new, I thought they would take a limit from another card which other lenders do. After 35 minutes and several people later this is what happened , moved $5000 from another card.

Thing that really surprised me is bringing up a BK from 15 years ago, never mentioned for other apps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 4:03 PM, BigJim99 said:

I get a decline letter stating derogatory and delinquent relationship with Chase.I called in this morning and they brought up a BK from 15 years ago

Chase is quite neurotic these days. They had XDW blacklisted over a settled for less CO from 10 years ago.

So yesterday I was 1 day under 5/24 so I applied for the Chase IHG card for the 140,000 bonus, notice came back that it was under review. This morning

I get a decline letter stating derogatory and delinquent relationship with Chase.I called in this morning and they brought up a BK from 15 years ago, I have 5 approved apps in the last 5 years including Sapphire Reserve, letter also stated a 895 out of 900 Chase rating.

Called lending to find out what's up, basically I'm at the top end of the credit they will give me over my 3 current cards which I new, I thought they would take a limit from another card which other lenders do. After 35 minutes and several people later this is what happened , moved $5000 from another card.

Thing that really surprised me is bringing up a BK from 15 years ago, never mentioned for other apps.

Because of the title you chose for this post, I want to make clear that your credit score wasn't a factor, plus or minus, in the original decline whatsoever.  As you admit, you are at your exposure limit with Chase, based on your income.   The need to recon and request reallocation of CL from an existing card has pretty much become the standard tactic in response, as evidenced in numerous posts on CB and elsewhere.

That this took a bit of tooth pulling on your part is anomalous; normally such requests are handled in a relatively routine manner.  It's clear that your past adverse adverse Chase history is responsible for this.  Fortunately, you were patient and non-confrontational and succeeded in your mission!

Chase never forgets. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...