dispute only recourse for 6000 mortgage payment?

Does a bank need an entire credit report to investigate something. My friend is applying for a mortgage and on her credit report it lists a $6,000 a month mortgage which is obviously not correct. I took a screenshot from the credit report of the bank information including the account number and it's obvious it was taken from a credit report because it lists date reported they opened balance owing and how many months left and then it says xpn2, EFX two. T u - 2. She sent the screenshot to her contact at the bank and they said they cannot tell if that is an official Credit Report or an unofficial credit report. The person also know she's in the process of refinancing the mortgage at that bank. So maybe he doesn't have any incentive to help her. They said the credit report in person at the bank show nothing that they reported incorrectly. So I guess we will just dispute with the credit bureaus but I was just wondering why he is doubting the authenticity of the credit report received as a result of pulling for a mortgage. It seems like a cop-out to me. There's no additional information that they are going to get from it is there. She really doesn't want to give her entire credit report to the bank. They don't need to see all that other personal information.

Why is the $6K amount "obviously" not correct?  The only thing onvious is that we don't have anywhere near enough information to make an educated guess. 

Are all payments current?  Are taxes due and this reflects an escrow replenishment? 

The references to "2" suggest these were indeed pulls to be scored under a mortgage model.  However, the same data should appear on any of the reports 'friend' could obtain directly from the bureaus (and presumably should have if this was done prior to the application having commenced).

i think only movie stars have mortgages that are 6000 a month lol . and my friend is def not that. yes payments are current no escrow with the loan. payment varies every month but never has been above 600 or 700. all payments show current even on the credit report.

it's liek the bank said they dont believe the pic is from the credit report that the broker pulled. thats how he worded his email.

they are gonna ditch the bank anyway. had tons of problems in the past  and its time to get to a CU who cares about the people. ill help her dispute it online since the bank says it's not their mistake but i find it hard to believe the CBs make mistakes

also curious about something else i see on these forums. sometime people respond to me and put friend in quotes, why exactly is that and what does it mean?

3 hours ago, luckydriver said:

The person also know she's in the process of refinancing the mortgage at that bank. ... They said the credit report in person at the bank show nothing that they reported incorrectly. 

Where did this person get the credit report with the erroneous payment amount?

3 hours ago, luckydriver said:

She really doesn't want to give her entire credit report to the bank.

If she's refinancing at the same bank, they already have her entire credit report.  

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Credit unions and mortgages go together like ice cream and feckies.

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Credit unions and mortgages go together like ice cream and feckies.

i dont know what that means. can you explain? my CU is doing my own refi now and they keep all servicing and keep most loans so i think they are pretty great. 

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Many times, people will post to the board about a "friend" who has an issue, when in reality it is the person posting that has the issue.  

well thats pretty rude of centex to assume i'm lying.  what kind of world is this here? geez   my friend is poor and blind and i'm her advocate in life , trying to help her secure her future.

also what relevance is it even if it is me, my friend or my cat in the situation. the financial facts are the same. why does it matter who you are asking for? seems really irrelevant .

also it's rather offensive to be deemed a liar or even inferred to be one. sure shows the character of the poster to even say such a thing. no class at all to infer i'm lying. man this place is something. come on here for help and  be called a liar. id never do that to someone here. but snide comments dont  and shouldnt be on here. just the facts. and if you have nothing positive to offer, dont offer anything. this world sure is going downhill fast with rudeness everywhere.

2 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Many times, people will post to the board about a "friend" who has an issue, when in reality it is the person posting that has the issue.  

speaking generally and not about this thread itself... IDK, I read it as perhaps a SO and/or someone who should be encouraged to seek his own her own answers as an educational endeavor. I often tell people who post here about trying to help a friend, enemy, sibling, etc. that referring the person to CB would be in his/her best interest.

7 hours ago, luckydriver said:

i dont know what that means. can you explain? my CU is doing my own refi now and they keep all servicing and keep most loans so i think they are pretty great. 

If it works for you, great.  I've had overwhelmingly horrific experiences with CUs and mortgages. I believe my application:closing ratio is 5:0 (and only the five is in question, I've never been able to close with a mortgage with a CU).

And it wasn't just sloppy or non-existent service, although that was universal.  Their loan pricing wasn't very good either.  It was generally about average, and every time I've fired a credit union and gone elsewhere, my loan costs were better with the for-profit mortgage company (who also provided superior service).

I have zero interest in who services a mortgage.  I've had several different servicers, and they've mostly been the same.  I set up automated payments and the servicer processes them.  

I wouldn't go with a CU and pay an extra 1/8 or 1/4 point because they will also be the invisible party who processes my payments.

21 hours ago, luckydriver said:

well thats pretty rude of centex to assume i'm lying.  what kind of world is this here? geez   my friend is poor and blind and i'm her advocate in life , trying to help her secure her future.

also what relevance is it even if it is me, my friend or my cat in the situation. the financial facts are the same. why does it matter who you are asking for? seems really irrelevant .

also it's rather offensive to be deemed a liar or even inferred to be one. sure shows the character of the poster to even say such a thing. no class at all to infer i'm lying. man this place is something. come on here for help and  be called a liar. id never do that to someone here. but snide comments dont  and shouldnt be on here. just the facts. and if you have nothing positive to offer, dont offer anything. this world sure is going downhill fast with rudeness everywhere.

Seems it was pretty rude of you to make assumptions about what or why I meant. 

I see far too many people posting on here about matters where the one with the actual issue SHOULD be the one doing the legwork.  Some posters around here like to play shadow counsel, some are posting about themselves, but most are often posting about situations where, quite honestly, they know more about the person than really should be disclosed to a non-spouse/partner/accountant.  There are ALSO far too many who like to go off half-cocked, which is what you have done with the post to which I am replying.  This would be precisely the point where, had you been in my office and made such a statement, I would kindly show you the door and ask to which other law office you want your file sent.   

And no...$6K mortgage payments are NOT uncommon.  There are still too many unanswered questions about what could have contributed to the situation, but there are certainly people on this board that have the means to have supported such a payment even across the life of a mortgage (keeping in mind that not all mortgages are equal in duration). 

On 10/29/2020 at 1:26 PM, luckydriver said:

No one assumed anything.  I gave one possibility of what it could mean.  Hegemony gave several others.  And quite frankly, if you know Centex at all and his/her posting style, he/she would have absolutely zero issue calling you out if he thought you were lying.  

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

No one assumed anything.  I gave one possibility of what it could mean.  Hegemony gave several others.  And quite frankly, if you know Centex at all and her posting style, he/she would have absolutely zero issue calling you out if she thought you were lying.  

ftfy

Edited by hegemony
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 5:37 PM, cv91915 said:

If it works for you, great.  I've had overwhelmingly horrific experiences with CUs and mortgages....

And it wasn't just sloppy or non-existent service, although that was universal.  Their loan pricing wasn't very good either.

+1

Not so great pricing, multiple CRA pulls, software "glitches", you name it.

4 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

+1

Not so great pricing, multiple CRA pulls, software "glitches", you name it.

I still see red every time there's a Patelco, PenFed or Alliant thread...  it all comes flooding back.

There's also an honorable mention for United Nations FCU.  I never got to actually apply or get any questions answered.  Every time I was transferred to the "mortgage department" I got a voicemail greeting that said that they were closed for some holiday that had long since passed, and I never received a phone call back.