Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Will you please read my goodwill letter and give feedback?

I came up with a goodwill letter to send for late payment removal. I found the cooperate office, please read and tell me if I should send or revise?

if revise give me some thoughts?

Purpose of letter? Customer  courtesy  late payment removal for account # 376XXXX

Would like accomplished? Get late payment removed 

Late payment reporting where? Experian, Transunion, Equifax

Late date? December 2019 (30 days late)

Why late? Online double payment applied toward balance instead of covering extra month 

Have you tried customer service? Yes, they are not helping.

Dear CEO Raul Vasquez,

I am reaching out to you because you’re the CEO of Oportun, and your customer service reps aren’t providing good customer service.

I had an account with you and I unintentionally messed up a payment online/making me the following month. It was a small error and I never missed a payment. 

I made a double payment and I didn’t understand that it would go towards balance and not towards next month. 

I ended up getting a late payment for December 2019.

I made all my payments on time- and paid my account in full.

I am asking a good will as a customer courtesy to remove late payment for December 2019, that is showing on all 3 credit bearus.

I am looking to getting more loans with you but would appreciate if you can help me out with this issue I’m having.

Thank you for your attention to this letter.

You can reach me at email:

Cell: 

Edited by Killbadcredit

Spell position titles out in a letter.  Don't be informal and use 'reps.' I would also not assert in any manner that they 'are not providing good customer service.' That is the quickest way to get your letter binned.  You also are not reaching out to him because of the customer service personnel.  You are reaching out for a favor.  The opening paragraph needs to make that abundantly clear.  

Also, you didn't have an account with the CEO.  Rather, you had an account with the company that he oversees. 

Spell position titles out in a letter.  Don't be informal and use 'reps.' I would also not assert in any manner that they 'are not providing good customer service.' That is the quickest way to get your letter binned.  You also are not reaching out to him because of the customer service personnel.  You are reaching out for a favor.  The opening paragraph needs to make that abundantly clear.  

Also, you didn't have an account with the CEO.  Rather, you had an account with the company that he oversees. 
Great points IMHO.

OP, are you starting with the CEO?

@Stryker

Yes I’m starting with CEO. 

After that I’m try  credit chief officer, I got both there names online.
Consider though... of the head guy says no, it might be the end of the road.

Could your perhaps start lower down the chain? Then you can escalate if necessary.

Hmmm, didn’t think of that. Who do you suggest?

To whom it may concern?
At the very least, I'd reverse the order for the two contacts you have (CEO last).

I'd suggest being specific, and seeing if you can hunt down a middle manager... like a VP if possible.

2 hours ago, Killbadcredit said:

To whom it may concern?

When you are asking for a favor like this you NEVER send a generic "to whom it may concern" letter.  Who ever gets it dropped on their desk will simply think "it doesn't concern me" and dumpster it.

Having googled this company, I suspect that any manner of relief will ONLY come from the CEO, and even then, I would not expect much.  They seem to make their money on the backs of those with few other outlets...

Yes sir,  Just want to repair my credit and we’ll they don’t seem like they care.  let’s hope I’m wrong...

Thanks everyone, I appreciate everyone here.

Edited by Killbadcredit