Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Any other possible course after sending certified pay for delete

I have a medical bill between $100-$110 that that has been picked up by a debt collector. Original creditor wouldn't reverse despite offer to pay in full, read online to send to pay for delete. I sent a certified pay for delete which they received. The offer was to pay in full. I asked for them to respond within 15 days which would be the end of this week. So far I have not received any response via mail, just two phone calls asking me to call them.

According to credit karma (I used for the credit report/monitoring  info, not for the scores), it has not been reported to credit bureaus as of yet. I have no late/collections of any kind on my credit report. I understand that they don't have to respond but is there anything that I can do more on my end? Do people ever offer to pay more than the full amount for them to agree? Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

What was the date of medical service?? If it is within the past 2 years and you are SURE ( based on your EOMBs) that the amount is valid then you can pay the OC directly using the HIPAA letter program.

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

If it is not on your credit report and you are sure of the amount you can pay the OC directly using the HIPAA letter insert "a"

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

If you pay the CA it might show up ( even though it is not yet reporting) as a paid collection on your reports.

8 hours ago, strawberryblue said:

I have a medical bill between $100-$110 that that has been picked up by a debt collector. Original creditor wouldn't reverse despite offer to pay in full, read online to send to pay for delete. I sent a certified pay for delete which they received. The offer was to pay in full. I asked for them to respond within 15 days which would be the end of this week. So far I have not received any response via mail, just two phone calls asking me to call them.

According to credit karma (I used for the credit report/monitoring  info, not for the scores), it has not been reported to credit bureaus as of yet. I have no late/collections of any kind on my credit report. I understand that they don't have to respond but is there anything that I can do more on my end? Do people ever offer to pay more than the full amount for them to agree? Any advice would be appreciated.

You want a favor from your provider.  The provider is owed the money.  They have asked you to call them about said favor.  This is a dinner for one being discussed, presuming a halfway decent glass of wine.  Call them.  Otherwise they know you really don't have a vested interest in resolving the matter and making the provider whole.

5 hours ago, centex said:

You want a favor from your provider.  The provider is owed the money.  They have asked you to call them about said favor.  This is a dinner for one being discussed, presuming a halfway decent glass of wine.  Call them.  Otherwise they know you really don't have a vested interest in resolving the matter and making the provider whole.

I thought that it's best advice not to contact a DC, just to request everything in writing?

9 hours ago, Why Chat said:

What was the date of medical service?? If it is within the past 2 years and you are SURE ( based on your EOMBs) that the amount is valid then you can pay the OC directly using the HIPAA letter program.

If it is not on your credit report and you are sure of the amount you can pay the OC directly using the HIPAA letter insert "a"

If you pay the CA it might show up ( even though it is not yet reporting) as a paid collection on your reports.

Thank you, I haven't found anything so far that is for specifically for BEFORE the statue of limitations. The debt is from earlier this year. Will any of these links cover that?

Edited by strawberryblue

13 hours ago, strawberryblue said:

I thought that it's best advice not to contact a DC, just to request everything in writing?

1) This isn't reporting according to you.

2) It's a C-note.

3) This isn't the same as standard credit collections.

4) I don't live in fear of my phone.

5) Your phone, YOU control the narrative.

6) Something that is not reporting cannot be deleted.

2 hours ago, centex said:

1) This isn't reporting according to you.

2) It's a C-note. What does this mean?

3) This isn't the same as standard credit collections.

I think thats were I am confused at, what is the difference between a medical and standard credit collector? I know it weighs  n FICO 9 but are the medical DCs more lenient than standard ones are far as how they report?  Will medical collection still significantly drop your score despite the FICO 9 weight difference?

4) I don't live in fear of my phone.

5) Your phone, YOU control the narrative. Thanks, I will call.

6) Something that is not reporting cannot be deleted. 

I get that, I did include in the letter to  request that they send documentation stating that they would not report it after receiving payment, if it was not already on the credit report.

16 hours ago, strawberryblue said:

Thank you, I haven't found anything so far that is for specifically for BEFORE the statue of limitations. The debt is from earlier this year. Will any of these links cover that?

If the account is for services earlier this year pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

OR, if you are near the OC bring CASH or a BANK MONEY ORDER to the OC and get a cash receipt. Any other system will allow the OC to sign over the payment to the CA.

21 hours ago, Why Chat said:

If the account is for services earlier this year pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

OR, if you are near the OC bring CASH or a BANK MONEY ORDER to the OC and get a cash receipt. Any other system will allow the OC to sign over the payment to the CA.

I am going to take it to the OC, I have a money order from Western Union, is that considered a cash money order?

Yes, just make sure you sign the back "For deposit only account of (name of OC) so it can't be signed over to the CA

should I be putting this exactly on the signature line? I put the exact text underneath it and signed next to my words, which was under there endorsement line. They need to be able to sign in the endorsement signature space, right?

On 10/21/2020 at 1:39 PM, Why Chat said:

Yes, just make sure you sign the back "For deposit only account of (name of OC) so it can't be signed over to the CA

NO NO NO!! You should NOT "sign" the endorsement!!.

The endorsement "For deposit only" goes on the BACK of the check, not the front.

7 hours ago, Why Chat said:

NO NO NO!! You should NOT "sign" the endorsement!!.

The endorsement "For deposit only" goes on the BACK of the check, not the front.

Ok, so just to clarify, I should be writing this UNDER the endorsement signature line.  “ for deposit only to the account of such and such” and sign my name next to that? . Sorry I have have little experience with money orders. 

20 hours ago, strawberryblue said:

Ok, so just to clarify, I should be writing this UNDER the endorsement signature line.  “ for deposit only to the account of such and such” and sign my name next to that? . Sorry I have have little experience with money orders. 

No, ON the endorsement signature line. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING. ( The endorsement signature line is on the BACK of any money order or bank check.