Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Is Covid making credit repair easier or more difficult...?

I just got back to working on my credit repair again, I let things slide about a year ago and I stopped following up but now I'm back at it full speed, with a designated desk, computer, and I made a corner of the living room just about working on things and following up.

But I can't help but wonder if this is sort of a "golden time" to be working on fixing credit?  Or maybe it's a bit harder because of the virus?    Has anyone noticed a lack of responses to disputes which allows them to be more easily removed because of no reply within the given time limit?    Or has there been other aspects which are more difficult?   

I would think there would definitely be an effect one way or another, has anyone noticed things different in some way over the course of the pandemic....?

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

I have disputed several items on my credit reports as of May 2020. I have only received one update from Experian. I haven't heard from the other two that is 5 months of silence. So the answer based on my experience is yes they can't keep up.

2 hours ago, financialevolution said:

I have disputed several items on my credit reports as of May 2020. I have only received one update from Experian. I haven't heard from the other two that is 5 months of silence. So the answer based on my experience is yes they can't keep up.

so TU, EQ, and IDS deleted? what do you mean by "haven't heard?"

18 hours ago, financialevolution said:

This is what I mean... isn't some stuff required to be deleted if they "can't keep up" and don't reply/verify after a certain number of days...?  Isn't this something that could be taken advantage of?

5 hours ago, Matt7 said:

This is what I mean... isn't some stuff required to be deleted if they "can't keep up" and don't reply/verify after a certain number of days...?  Isn't this something that could be taken advantage of?

well the post by @financialevolution does not indicate s/he got deletions due to the time limit expiring just that s/he did not hear back. I was hoping s/he would clarify for us.

FWIW, I have seen no evidence that covid protocols have resulted in easier, faster, or more consumer friendly trends with the four major CRAs... but I say this as someone who reads several credit related boards, reads a lot of consumer and financial news, and lives with someone who has 25 years in the industry specializing in CRA reporting and compliance. So, there could be evidence from consumer experience I am not aware of which is why I hope @financialevolutionreturns to clarify.

Sadly, I am reminded of #CHOD which died a low death when e-oscar was born. :wave:

So let me clarify, deletions are happening. What is not happening is the reporting I'm used to by the CB's after 45 days of disputing. Five months after disputing with all three CB's I have only received one written update from Experian only. I hope this helps clarifying. 

1 hour ago, financialevolution said:

So let me clarify, deletions are happening. What is not happening is the reporting I'm used to by the CB's after 45 days of disputing. Five months after disputing with all three CB's I have only received one written update from Experian only. I hope this helps clarifying. 

thanks for the clarification; so EQ and TU deleted due to the dispute timing out as per FCRA/FACTA?