Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Making Credit great again rebuilding

Used to be a regular here a few years ago... 

In the last few years I went through chemo and a divorce... which led to a chapter 13, then a conversion to a 7

I burned

Navy really bad

Capital one really really bad

A slew of credit unions

Barclay

Comenity 

Ge

That turd nba card 

And probably a few others I can't even remember 

Yes I made sure they were all maxed because why not

Debating on making this a journal of some sort

The day I was discharged,  I got a mission lane invite

Approved 1k

Apped military star 4450

Current tu is 680

I did discover a glitch of some sort

If you app a turd card and never pay the fee or activate the card, it will report but they can't charge a late fee or Really anything.... you'll just get a bill for the af that you can throw away... I'll find the issuer when I get a chance

This will make a great journal and one hell of a credit education thread!

So ...

What was Navy like when you first defaulted?  What about CapOne?  They must have been exceptionally pissed because you had huge limits with them.

Can you elaborate on what each creditor was like and their actions up until you filed BK?

What were they like after you filed BK?  I mean, they should just STFU and go away after you file, right?  Is that what happened?

Have you tried getting stuff removed from the credit reports yet?

Was Military Star an easy app?  No problems?

Any other apps?

Military star was the easiest I've ever done...

Navy Barclay and cap one started with the calls on day one....

I turned them into interesting conversations as when I was going through chemo it was a bad idea to leave the house....

The only one I really had an issue with was forum credit union....

They sued immediately and spent a Substantial amount of money in the process.... they collected nothing for their trouble...

The mission lane sent me an invite before I was even discharged 

The good star is that the car i had financed and discharged,  the lender never came to collect.

.. I've put 15,000 miles on it at least... turbo go vrooom

10 hours ago, mrjuggalo9er said:

Military star was the easiest I've ever done...

Navy Barclay and cap one started with the calls on day one....

I turned them into interesting conversations as when I was going through chemo it was a bad idea to leave the house....

The only one I really had an issue with was forum credit union....

They sued immediately and spent a Substantial amount of money in the process.... they collected nothing for their trouble...

The mission lane sent me an invite before I was even discharged 

The good star is that the car i had financed and discharged,  the lender never came to collect.

.. I've put 15,000 miles on it at least... turbo go vrooom

Nice that Military Star is smart.  I mean, BK is the only way to get rid of them and now they know you are safe for another seven years or more.  Seems very reasonable.

Didn't know that Forum CU were such richards.  Guess maybe they learned a lesson, no?  

Can you keep the car forever if they never come for it?  That would be really nice.

Juggs, you should have recorded the calls with CapOne and Navy.  How were they?  Abusive?  Nice?  

Where do you stand now on cleaning up the credit reports?  Any success?  Difficulties?  

What targets are you looking at now?  Will Synchrony blacklist you?  Any others that you haven't burned?  AmEx?

Edited by PotO

On 10/15/2020 at 11:05 PM, PotO said:

Nice that Military Star is smart.  I mean, BK is the only way to get rid of them and now they know you are safe for another seven years or more.  Seems very reasonable.

Didn't know that Forum CU were such richards.  Guess maybe they learned a lesson, no?  

Can you keep the car forever if they never come for it?  That would be really nice.

Juggs, you should have recorded the calls with CapOne and Navy.  How were they?  Abusive?  Nice?  

Where do you stand now on cleaning up the credit reports?  Any success?  Difficulties?  

What targets are you looking at now?  Will Synchrony blacklist you?  Any others that you haven't burned?  AmEx?

I am black listed by so many creditors that I really don't know who to apply for....

Capone  was arguably abusive but I found it entertaining

From what I'm told I can keep the car until they attempt to come and get it....its not worth it for them honestly 

Navy was special in that my ex decided she wanted to be a joint account holder...I mailed them a $1 payment to renew the dola so she could enjoy all they have to offer... they are currently suing her... best $1 I ever spent

There's nobody i know of to apply for... after November everything i own will be paid off... 

Scores are between 632 and 691

1 hour ago, mrjuggalo9er said:

I am black listed by so many creditors that I really don't know who to apply for....

Capone  was arguably abusive but I found it entertaining

From what I'm told I can keep the car until they attempt to come and get it....its not worth it for them honestly 

Navy was special in that my ex decided she wanted to be a joint account holder...I mailed them a $1 payment to renew the dola so she could enjoy all they have to offer... they are currently suing her... best $1 I ever spent

There's nobody i know of to apply for... after November everything i own will be paid off... 

Scores are between 632 and 691

How was CapOne abusive?  I can imagine it would be entertaining.  👏🏻

That was a genius move with the $1 at Navy!  Best revenge ever.  😂 

What is your rebuild plan?  I never paid attention to which banks are BK friendly.  What about PenFed?  USAA?