Hello,

new to the forum (glad I found it) , I have a collection agency called Simon's agency which is trying to collect on an already paid debt , I have reported this to the CFPB but I need your advice on how to proceed further.

Any help highly appreciated .

• Admin

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

18 hours ago, CCXX2018 said:

Hello,

new to the forum (glad I found it) , I have a collection agency called Simon's agency which is trying to collect on an already paid debt , I have reported this to the CFPB but I need your advice on how to proceed further.

Any help highly appreciated .

Is this a medical debt?? What was the date of medical service? If so follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Send each CRA where this or any MEDICAL account is reporting this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

If it is NOT a medical debt then ask the moderator to move this to the regular credit forum

If it IS a medical account come back to THIS post for further instructions

thanks so much for the info, I knew this is the right place, it is a medical debt indeed. I will draft the letters and send it out , shouldn't it be registered ?? date was 01/29/2020 .

On a side side note the CFPB is a weak support if it comes to send data to them, all what happens is they will upload the report it on their website so consumers can read it, the FTC would be a way better enforcement but they only act if they receive massive reporting of disputes about the same CC.

However this is a good start and I will send the letters out today !!

thanks so much for the valuable info

Please read the guides and follow the instructions;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

directions for priority mail

Here is how to send priority mail letters:

Go to the PO and get a dozen flat rate priority mail envelopes (6X10 is the easiest to use) You can either buy them prepaid with the postage ($7.35) or buy the priority mail stamps separately. Get a stack (they come in a book) of FREE USPS tracking forms. Whenever you send a letter, affix your copy of each receipt to the hard copy of the letter you have sent. You will, of course, be entering that PM tracking # in the heading of each letter.

You can also print a priority mail label on line with a USPO account. Make sure you do NOT add signature requirements. You can fit the label on a 6x10 envelpe by folding under the bottom.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

You dispute medical accounts this way:

DO NOT send it CERTIFIED OR RR SEND IT PRIORITY MAIL WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY ONLY-WAIT FOR THE FULL RESPONSE FROM THE CRA BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THE HIPAA LETTER PROCESS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NewlySeperate
      I’m newly separated and I’m trying to re-establish my credit and financial independence.  There are 4 collections on my credit report that my husband was responsible for when we were together in 2020.  We both had extensive blood work done by a lab of which he was paying. We separated and he has not been paying so it went to collections and showed up on my report. 

I just disputed them online a few days ago and am waiting to see if they are removed. It has my name and not his. Is it even conceivable they will be deleted?  My score is in the 500 range right now. I don’t have much credit but want to repair and build.
    • By c0moneyman
      Wassup y’all, I went through a rough patch in my life when I was 18 and overcharged the freak out of a kohls charge card and it went into collections. I paid it off and now i’m thinking🤔, how can i get that removed off my report since i paid it off. I know i should’ve tried to write a letter to them saying if i pay it off they’ll knock it off my credit but i wasn’t thinking back then. Is it to late to contact them and ask to get it removed if possible? Im not tryna wait 7 years i’m trying to get a house next year y’all.
    • By Diana2021
      Any advice is much appreciated! 

I graduated with my masters in Aug 2020 and havent had a full time job since Dec 2019. My mom was laid off because of covid in March 2020 and I stopped making payments to credit cards after graduating from my masters (Sept 2020) because my student loans stopped coming and my mom could barely make her own mortgage payments. Since Sept 2020, Ive severely damaged my credit and am now in over $27k cc debt. 

I've since moved to Europe and don't plan to come back to the US, at least not for several years, to pursue lower cost education here. 

I don't know how to proceed with my cc debt because I've been told since my credit is already tanked that it wouldnt matter if I pay off my debt, attempt to lower my 23-25% interest rates on my 9 credit cards, or try to negotiate a lower payoff. 

I work part time remotely for a client in the US but the work is random and not guaranteed. The most I've made since I started with her in Dec 2020 was $1100 a month. 

I contacted a debt consolidation law firm in the US but they want to charge me a $750 retainer and then $600 a month for 36 months to pay off my cards. Im waiting to hear if they guarantee these cards will be paid. 

No idea how to proceed and feeling overwhelmed because I want to do the right thing but Im drowning in interest rates and have called two banks to talk with them only to be yelled at and shamed. 

Do you have any advice for me?
    • By blackinkv2
      Hi everyone, I hope this is in the right place. I was dumb during college and used the paypal credit as a way to fund other activities and I disregarded the payments (bad information, originally thought they wouldn't report to my credit). So now they have transferred it to midland credit. They have sent me letters for settlements of 5k with payment payments etc. After checking CK, the debt is currently 1 year old and has impacted my credit score. I don't have the money to pay the full amount back. What are some of my options?  

Thank you taking the time to read this.
    • By Wealthwomaninthemaking
      Hello, I received a Collection letter in the mail today. I called and the woman on the phone stated can you pay a lower payment and I said yes. I know this was a mistake. But she said she will check with her manager and call me back. The collections is from a 2017 hospital bill. But there is nothing on my credit from this agency or the hospital. My questions are do I pay this debt that is not on my credit? If I do pay is will the company report to the credit bureaus? Or do I send a validation letter? I’m leaning towards not paying it but I don’t know if it will go on my credit even though it has not in 3 years? Any advice would help. Thank you!!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    thejoe

Important Information

Guidelines