Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

PA Repo/Toyota Financial Service - Letter and Insight

Hi Everyone!

I am literally the newest member of this board as of the time fo this writing! Thanks for having me! 

I need some advice on getting a creditor off of my credit report. The creditor is “Toyota Financial Services.” For a few years I was paying off a loan with them. It’s a long story that is mostly my fault but at one point my car was repossessed. I paid it in full and picked up the car the net day but it happened. During the course of that loan I had a number of 30 day late marks too. It would be great to get rid of the entire thing or at least the repossession.I paid off the loan in 2017 and the repossession was in 2016.

I found the letter below for the repossession. I am in Pennsylvania and it was written for Texas. I began to switch it to Pennsylvania but had some trouble finding the most up-to-date repossession laws for PA. 

Does this letter work? Should I send it to Toyota Financial Services or to the CRA’s? I began to replace the TC for PA stuff but does anyone know the PA laws? Thanks!

To Whom It May Concern:

I am requesting proof of the accounting and documentation required under Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Finance and UCC statutes. I have been unable to have an account for a supposed deficiency from a repo of (insert date acct.#), being reported by (insert ca an address of ca), removed from my credit reports.

The laws of Pennsylvania and the Federal UCC require that I was provided full notice of the deficiency, any and all accounting of the repossession. If I was not given full notice and accounting as required by Pennsylvania, you are liable under the FCRA, for any damages caused by fraudulent reports to the credit bureaus.

RECOVERY REQUIREMENT: As per UCC, repossession allowed without committing a breach of the peace. Repossesses must hold valid collection agency license & Regulation, Texas State Department of Transportation, Division of Motor Vehicles, 4000 Jackson Ave., Austin, Texas 78738. Tel: (512) 465-7611

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR LIQUIDATION: Title must be in lien holder's name. Forward application for title accompanied by a certified copy of the security agreement and an affidavit of repossession.

PLATES: Remain with debtor.

Please furnish me with immediate proof that this repossession was done in a legal and proper manner, including notification of deficiency, Repossession Company used, redemption notice, and proof you allowed me to access my personal property and plates off of the vehicle. I also request that you take the necessary steps to insure any derogatory information is deleted and purged from my credit reports.

I reserve the right in the event of your noncompliance to report this to the appropriate State and Federal authorities and take legal action to recover damages.

Sincerely,

Name

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

welcome to CB!

I'm no expert on repos but please do not send that letter to anyone!!! What exactly was improper about the repossession?

are you looking at paper reports mailed to you by the four major CRAs?

Concurring with Hege..,

A letter crafted for one State, even when poorly written, is not something where you can simply change the name of the State.  Hell, that letter still has Texas references in it.  Laws specific to a State do not always track to another jurisdiction.  You HAVE to know the law for YOUR jurisdiction and point out HOW those provisions were violated or that you are entitled to a request under those provisions of law...