Bank of America blocked my bank account

Hi all,

I'm not from the USA, I've been studying in Boston for 3 months, and opened an account with the Bank of America for that purpose in 2019

Some time ago I accidentally got an overdraft 1200$. And on the same day, my account was blocked. So, now I can't contact them (i don't have a USA sim), I cant put the money on my account (i don't have an access to it).

Will this affect me when I'm not living in the US if I ignore it? Can I freely travel from and to the US? I might come back to the US in a couple of years
I hope you can help me with this. Thanks in advance for any reactions!

Why can you not use their online contact form?  Are you prepared to transfer the $1200 that is owed? 

Would it preclude you entering the US?  Not likely.  Will it hinder your ability to get a different bank account in the US?  Very likely, even more likely if you don't fix this.

4 hours ago, centex said:

Why can you not use their online contact form?  Are you prepared to transfer the $1200 that is owed? 

Would it preclude you entering the US?  Not likely.  Will it hinder your ability to get a different bank account in the US?  Very likely, even more likely if you don't fix this.

Thanks! 

I tried to call them. They said to call again tomorrow. I also wonder if there can be problems with the law.

3 hours ago, FerryGH said:

Thanks! 

I tried to call them. They said to call again tomorrow. I also wonder if there can be problems with the law.

I didn't say to try calling.  I asked about the online contact form.  Or for that matter...typing out a letter and mailing it with some mechanism of tracking...

For $1200, it isn't likely that they pursue criminal charges, but it isn't out of the realm...

14 hours ago, centex said:

I didn't say to try calling.  I asked about the online contact form.  Or for that matter...typing out a letter and mailing it with some mechanism of tracking...

For $1200, it isn't likely that they pursue criminal charges, but it isn't out of the realm...

It depends on how exactly he wound up overdrawn.  Perhaps fraud?