Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Lates, Charge Offs, Collections, OH MY! - Would love some feedback

Basically, below are the baddies on my reports. I know I can't do much for the lates, but I'm hoping I can work on the other ones. I’ve been lurking and researching, but not sure what to start with. Any help is appreciated.

Equifax

Lates:   Auto loan – 10x in past 2 yrs.

8 Navient Accounts – 7x in past 2yrs. (although was in forbearance)

2 Utah Higher Edu Accounts – 6x in past 2 yrs. (must verify if was in forbearance or deferment)

1 ACS Group Account – Sold in 2016, shows as closed and current status of 120 days past due.

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020, but shows as open and 120+ past due

UM Old Balance from 2012 – $8k

Experian

Lates:   Auto loan – 14x in past 2 yrs. Status says: Now paying/was a charge-off

2 Utah Higher Edu Accounts – 6x in past 2 yrs. (must verify if was in forbearance or deferment)

1 ACS Group Account – Sold in 2016, shows as closed and current status of 120 days past due.

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020

Cap One #2 = $613 from Oct 2019

Trans Union

Lates:   Auto loan – 14x in past 2 yrs. (says C/O for Oct 2018)

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020

Cap One #2 = $636 from Oct 2019

Collections:     IC Systems (Charter Communications) = $167

Auto loan: It was almost a repo. I paid past due the same day they set it out to be towed. I was 3 months behind. Why are they saying it was a charge off? What can I do?

Student loans: I was in forbearance, but Navient says they no longer change credit reports. They sent me letter confirming forbearance for those months.

Charge Offs: Since they are within past year, should I try to settle, pay in full, or wait a while?

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

is this from real, paper reports from the big four?

The big four? Lol, I didn't even know of a 4th one. Yes, it's from real paper reports from Experian, Equifax, and Transunion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PS2020
      I have another topic I made on here detailing my journey so far, but I felt this warranted it's own topic.

I'll start with the TL;DR - I got invited to the Optima program, so I paid off my balance in full, still have yet to receive a letter or optima credit application (I do have an e-mail and reference number at least), and just now my Chase Journey and Experien accounts told me I got a large derogatory mark, specifically that my AMEX was charged off.

The long version:
      Back in 2019 I was on a payment plan with AMEX and I tried to switch bank accounts (my main one became at risk), but after removing my account, it refused to let me add a new one. I called customer service, and they were insanely rude and refused to add my new bank, saying "I violated the agreement" or some nonsense, so I just stopped paying them altogether. At the time I could barely afford it anyways. Fast forward to about a month ago, I started getting e-mails about being invited to the Optima program. I don't trust e-mails like that for anything, but I had run into some money and my wife and I are in the process of condo hunting (I don't want or need lectures about mortgages), AND people here advised me to try to get into the optima program anyways as a low hanging fruit to fixing up my credit, so I looked up AMEX's official number and called them directly. After a bunch of phone transferring, they put me in contact with someone who basically said if I pay it off, they'll show the account as being closed and paid in full and then send me the application to the optima program.

And like I said in the TL;DR, I have yet to receive a letter or an application, but now I'm seeing notifications that my credit report has a brand new charge off from AMEX, which first off is the exact opposite of what they said they'd do, and secondly, how is it charged off if I literally just paid it in full?

I apologize, but I'm basically seething at this point, and I don't know what to do. I'm absolutely going to call them tomorrow and make them explain themselves, because if I knew paying them off would add a derogatory mark to my credit, I wouldn't have done it to begin with, and I'll just ask my bank to do a charge back. I really don't care anymore, and I can use that money elsewhere. That's twice I tried to work with them in good faith, and it's twice that I seem to be the one getting shafted. There won't be a third time.

• By LT7
      I have 2 medical collections for 2 different providers being reported to Experian and TransUnion by the same CA and a 3rd collection with Equifax with a different CA.

I started the HIPAA dispute programs for all them with these results:

TransUnion:  both items were deleted Experian: both items were verified with a note to contact the CA for more info Equifax:  No Response at all and no deletion  
      I started the HIPAA dispute program  for the Experian collections but skipped the 2nd step of Medical DV to the CA by mistake.  Instead, I  sent money order payments to both the OC's using the HIPAA letter and have copies of the deposited and canceled money orders from my bank.  The collections have not been deleted  and I haven't receive a response from the OC's at all.

Knowing the I missed the DV step with the CA, what should I do now to continue the process for getting the Experian entries deleted?

For the Equifax entry with no response, do I just start over again?

Thank you!
    • By StarkRaven$
      Monday I'll call TU to order a hard copy to have mailed to me of my credit report. Once I receive the paper copy I will ask for help on how to proceed. 

I have a statement proving this collection is years passed the time allowed to report.
    • By LadyMadeline1943
      Early during 2019 I stopped paying all of my credit debt which consisted of credit cards and loans.  I started off in 2017 with good credit-- scores in the 700s.  I helped my boyfriend and got very much overwhelmed.  Now in addition to working with a company named Peace of Mind whose brand is about forcing a creditor to prove that the creditor owns the debt in question, I want to do some of my own cleanups. I'm familiar with the Universal Data Form relative to how it is utilized.  Question:  Can I use the form to submit credit challenges to the three credit bureaus.  I'm so ready to achieve that 850 middle credit score!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    gagnier98limited
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines