Lates, Charge Offs, Collections, OH MY! - Would love some feedback

Basically, below are the baddies on my reports. I know I can't do much for the lates, but I'm hoping I can work on the other ones. I’ve been lurking and researching, but not sure what to start with. Any help is appreciated.

Equifax

Lates:   Auto loan – 10x in past 2 yrs.

8 Navient Accounts – 7x in past 2yrs. (although was in forbearance)

2 Utah Higher Edu Accounts – 6x in past 2 yrs. (must verify if was in forbearance or deferment)

1 ACS Group Account – Sold in 2016, shows as closed and current status of 120 days past due.

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020, but shows as open and 120+ past due

UM Old Balance from 2012 – $8k

Experian

Lates:   Auto loan – 14x in past 2 yrs. Status says: Now paying/was a charge-off

2 Utah Higher Edu Accounts – 6x in past 2 yrs. (must verify if was in forbearance or deferment)

1 ACS Group Account – Sold in 2016, shows as closed and current status of 120 days past due.

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020

Cap One #2 = $613 from Oct 2019

Trans Union

Lates:   Auto loan – 14x in past 2 yrs. (says C/O for Oct 2018)

Charge Offs:    Cap One #1 = $1850 from Apr 2020

Cap One #2 = $636 from Oct 2019

Collections:     IC Systems (Charter Communications) = $167

Auto loan: It was almost a repo. I paid past due the same day they set it out to be towed. I was 3 months behind. Why are they saying it was a charge off? What can I do?

Student loans: I was in forbearance, but Navient says they no longer change credit reports. They sent me letter confirming forbearance for those months.

Charge Offs: Since they are within past year, should I try to settle, pay in full, or wait a while?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NewlySeperate
      I’m newly separated and I’m trying to re-establish my credit and financial independence.  There are 4 collections on my credit report that my husband was responsible for when we were together in 2020.  We both had extensive blood work done by a lab of which he was paying. We separated and he has not been paying so it went to collections and showed up on my report. 

I just disputed them online a few days ago and am waiting to see if they are removed. It has my name and not his. Is it even conceivable they will be deleted?  My score is in the 500 range right now. I don’t have much credit but want to repair and build.
    • By BigSpenderBigSaver
      Hello all. The title says just about everything. Is it known whether or not AMEX holds closed accounts against you when opening new ones?

I had three (3) AMEX accounts, none of them were Gold. I entered all three in a DMP (I wanted to keep one open, but the DMP told me not to or else lenders may not accept the plan). I just paid off all three well ahead of the end of the DMP end date. To my knowledge, I have not be subject to an F/R.

FICO scores as follows:
      EX 713
      TU 717
      EQ 701

I was approved for the CSP yesterday (7/23/21) so I will have a new account lowering my AAoA. I not looking to apply for the AMEX Gold for a few months (depending on your feedback).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By rangeles
      Hello, I am new to Credit Boards.  I had a student loan that I exhausted the deferment period.  I had 3-4 consecutive months where I defaulted because funds were scarce.  I then enrolled in school (online) to buy myself time to begin repaying the loans.  My mom decided to give me the money to pay off the loans in full.  I did just that and guess what happened?  Yep!  My score dropped about 30-something points.  Now that you have the history, here are my questions:
      1.  I would like to know if I should reach out to the lender if it is possible to remove the months where I didn't make payments.  
      2.  How/What should I do to increase my score due to me restarting the clock on these loans?

Your feedback is appreciated.
      Thank you.

• By condemnity
      Hi All,

I'm trying to understand the best approach on good will letters for two cards that I settled a few years ago and finished paying in 2020.

I had a Bank of America card and Amex which were both charged off after working with a debt settlement company. I was then sued by both cards and BoA garnished my bank account.

After hiring a lawyer, the accounts got settled and I finished paying last year. However, the law firm I hired didn’t secure any guarantee to remove the cards from my credit report after payment.

I'm starting to look for car leases through Honda and want to improve my scores to get the best rate/amount before I apply so I’m trying to figure out how to handle those two accounts in particular.

My FICO scores are currently - Ex: 646; Eq: 657; TU: 617.

The issues are:
      * Serious delinquency
      * Few accounts paid on time
      * No loan activity
      * Bad payment history

I've done a few things to start counteracting the effects, including:
      * Opening a credit card account with Amex (1k limit) in November of last year, not using it too much and paying it in full each month.
      * Opening a Capital One card (2k limit) in April, using it more frequently for every day purchases and paying full balances every few weeks.
      * Opening a credit builder loan this month to establish a consistent payment history.
      * Asking  my girlfriend who has excellent credit and a long credit history to put me on as a registered user.

I think these are good steps to take, but the obvious big issue is the serious delinquency, so I'm trying to get the credit cards removed from my CR. 

I've disputed the cards to try to have them removed from all three CRAs and they both came back as verified, so that didn’t work.

My next step is going to be a good will letter to both creditors.

I'm mainly planning on highlighting the circumstances (divorce, undisciplined spending, etc) that caused me to default. 

I then want to highlight with Amex that I have a new card with them and have been very responsible over the course of the last few months. For both cards, I want to highlight all of the progress I've made in my financial life, learning to budget and to be disciplined about financial management, my changed views on credit, etc. 

My hope is that they will remove the accounts from my CR and that will highlight my positive payment history on past loans, etc. 

My main question for the group is, do you see any issues with my approach (mainly with regards to the goodwill letter, but generally is also welcome)? 

Should I try to remove individual payments instead of trying to remove the entire cards?

I did have a positive payment history with each card at some point, so I feel this could be a more useful approach, but it seems a lot more work for whoever reads the letter vs just deleting the account completely. 

Any other advice on what to include? Would it be crazy to include budgets, net worth statements, etc to prove that I’m on the up and up?

Thanks in advance!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    thejoe

Important Information

Guidelines