Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

The Best Credit Cards, According to People Who Know Everything About Credit Cards

Pretty interesting read!. For me I see Amazon Rewards Visa Signature and Citi double Dash card as worthwhile cards. I can't see myself using any card that has aAF in any foreseeable future.

6 hours ago, AllMine said:

Pretty interesting read!. For me I see Amazon Rewards Visa Signature and Citi double Dash card as worthwhile cards. I can't see myself using any card that has aAF in any foreseeable future.

Sensible statement (re fee cards).  Cards with hefty fees (say net $200+, after accounting for "easy" credits against the fee, such as the case of the $300 annual travel credit with CSR) simply don't make much sense until your annual charging on that specific card might top $20k / yr. 

Even cards with relatively modest fees, say $99/year, tend to only make sense when your annual purchases nudge above $10k.   (And those are minimal thresholds; I'd suggest that practical minimum charge volume required to rationale a fee are at least 50% higher than these numbers.)

(Of course, call that a "rule of thumb" ... for which there are bound to be exceptions.)  That said, if your potential annual card spend does rise above these numbers, it's worth re-working the math to see if you might come out ahead with one of the premium cards.  (Attractiveness varies, depending upon the category distribution of your most frequent charging.)

From the article in regards to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card:

Jack: I don’t mean to paint you as an elitist, but $4,000 in three months is not necessarily an easy task

As Bugs Bunny used to say, "He don't know me very well, Do he?"

1 hour ago, RVR said:

From the article in regards to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card:

As Bugs Bunny used to say, "He don't know me very well, Do he?"

4k is a week in a lifetime for my household.

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

4k is a week in a lifetime for my household.

I wasn't tryin' to humble brag, I was referring to MSing...

😎

56 minutes ago, RVR said:

😎

Even without MS, it isn't a big deal.  It is ~$1300 per month.  For most people with just basic expenses like a vehicle or utilities, it isn't hard to gin up that level of spend. 

Or, alternately, albeit a few weeks too late...you use the card at Circa Sports for a few contest entries.  Coded as a plain old purchase, so the rewards AND the bonus come through ;)

2 hours ago, RVR said:

😎

I don't MS I just pay everything on a card that I can as well as travel which I don't want to remind myself about right now :(