Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Is Amazon CLI hard or soft pull?

There's the Amazon Store card issued by Synchrony and the Amazon Credit Card issued by Chase.  I'm light on CLI pulls for both cards.  But my memory is that the Synchrony is always a hard, and Chase has a reputation of always being hard as well.

But I trust you'll get firmer guidance from others.

I didn't realize there were two different cards.  I have the Amazon Store card.  It doesn't say that they're going to pull your credit to grant a CLI, but I'm always leary.  Thank you.

Truth is, it's been ages since I've been granted a CLI with Synchrony Amazon because they seem to have me maxed with $10k.  So, my recollection re CLI pulls was sketchy, at best.

Googling suggests that it is a soft pull (consistent with your observation of no warning of such).  I'd say you're good to test the waters for a CLI without fear of a hard pull.

(On that note, just remember that hard queries are the smallest factor in your credit score.  I don't suggest "wasting" them, but where there's definite value in taking the hit, I'm never shy.)

I don't have the amzn store card but the one synch card I've had for years has always been a soft via the online luv buton BUT my largest CLI with the card came from a quick phone call.

Don't forget, inquiries don't matter and only impact FICO for 12 months (mostly just in the first 6 months). Even if it is a hard who cares ...if it results in a limit that serves your longterm goals???

2 hours ago, Ozzyburger said:

I didn't realize there were two different cards.  I have the Amazon Store card.  It doesn't say that they're going to pull your credit to grant a CLI, but I'm always leary.  Thank you.

I just got a CLI on my Sync Amazon store card an hour ago - No HP.  I have it that button many times in the last year (mostly denials) and never a hard pull.  DW same deal for that card and for other Sync cards.

Edited by pacemaker67