NEW CARD!!!! (WAYFAIR MASTER CHARGE)

@hegemony apparently there are two camps: those that got a replacement mastercard from Comenity that is not affiliated with Wayfair, and those that didn't. I closed my Wayfair account the minute they sent me a message stating they were closing the card, so I am in neither camp.

The new mastercard is with Citibank. Since most of the people on that other forum liked the Wayfair card for its huge credit limits and credit limit increases and its lax underwriting, my guess is they are going to be disappointed with the citi card :)

I don't intend to apply. I only kept the wayfair card open because I had 0% financing on a refrigerator on it, and because its one of my first post bankruptcy cards and I kept it for age. You guys talked me out of keeping it open lol.

1 hour ago, lgt525 said:

@hegemony apparently there are two camps: those that got a replacement mastercard from Comenity that is not affiliated with Wayfair, and those that didn't. I closed my Wayfair account the minute they sent me a message stating they were closing the card, so I am in neither camp.

The new mastercard is with Citibank. Since most of the people on that other forum liked the Wayfair card for its huge credit limits and credit limit increases and its lax underwriting, my guess is they are going to be disappointed with the citi card :)

I don't intend to apply. I only kept the wayfair card open because I had 0% financing on a refrigerator on it, and because its one of my first post bankruptcy cards and I kept it for age. You guys talked me out of keeping it open lol.

I would think the Citi product will have higher limits in the long run than the comenity co-brand. When I had comenity co-brands (e.g., Virgin air) the limits capped at 35k while Citi is pretty easy to get into the 50k+ range. This assumes, of course, that Citi doesn't treat the wayfair cobrand as a red-headed, left-handed stepchild.

Edited by hegemony
  • 2 weeks later...

@TeeSharice from what I understand, the Citi cards have to be applied for, although there was a prequalification site to check if you are prequalified, but that seems to be down.

The replacement visas were being rolled out gradually. I closed my account before they started sending them so I don't know if I would have been offered one. They are offering them both to people who got the communication saying that their wayfair card was being closed and also to those that did not receive that communication. Not everyone is getting offered a Visa. There is no qualification data points that I could find on "that other forum".

The citi card is now linked to the wayfair website.