Chime Bank and How they Robbed Me Without a Gun - Run for the Hills!!!!

My thought when Chime said contact your State was that your State government is who will eventually get your money through escheatment. Of course that only applies when an account is abandoned.

I second the idea of filing a complaint with the Federal regulator of the parent company. 

I'm sorry this happened, but thank you for sharing it with us. As a warning.

Oh no!

I have a very large transfer that has already initiated going in to my Chime account.  I wanted to take advantage of the 1.00% APY with no limit.

Jeez am I nervous now...

Up until now I had just been using it for P2P since I'm banned from Venmo.

FINALLY GOT THE MONEY BACK...I never reached out to the Office of the Comptroller, CFPB, et cetera but I did keep everything through the Arbitration I filed via my lawyer. He called this morning and said they responded to the demand and he missed the response on Thursday but then a check showed up overnighted via FedEx this morning from them. He called the Arbitration Association and confirmed everything has been awarded to us as requested based off Chime settling the demand. 

Chime still gave no reason as to why they closed the account and took the funds. Not a word. This troublesome. My lawyer believes this is why they settled to avoid having to explain and shady business practices. Sucks cause I wanted clarity but I'll take my funds coming back over clarity any day at this point! My lawyer has since taken on 6 other cases were the same situation or something similar has happened with little to no explanation and an account being closed by Chime. Stay alert friends! Thank everyone for their guidance!

1 hour ago, MarcuzAgrippa said:

FINALLY GOT THE MONEY BACK...I never reached out to the Office of the Comptroller, CFPB, et cetera but I did keep everything through the Arbitration I filed via my lawyer. He called this morning and said they responded to the demand and he missed the response on Thursday but then a check showed up overnighted via FedEx this morning from them. He called the Arbitration Association and confirmed everything has been awarded to us as requested based off Chime settling the demand. 

Chime still gave no reason as to why they closed the account and took the funds. Not a word. This troublesome. My lawyer believes this is why they settled to avoid having to explain and shady business practices. Sucks cause I wanted clarity but I'll take my funds coming back over clarity any day at this point! My lawyer has since taken on 6 other cases were the same situation or something similar has happened with little to no explanation and an account being closed by Chime. Stay alert friends! Thank everyone for their guidance!

I'm glad it worked out for you and that you found the right lawyer. Did chime pay your lawyer fees?

• 2 weeks later...