Disputed but no contact and closed - still showing on CR

I am trying to get a new home loan and I want to make sure I do this correctly. I have a $214 collection on my CRs from a medical bill. The CA refuses to do a pay to delete. I followed WhyChat's initial dispute letters. Experian and TU immediately removed the collection. As for Equifax, I didn't hear anything from them. Nothing in the mail or email. The collection is still showing on EQ and it says "closed/validated". So they must have got validation from the OC or CA but I never received anything. 

What exact step should I do at this point about removal? I'm a bit confused reading WhyChat's site. As I said I was never contacted by anyone (CA, OC, CRA) regarding the dispute. I would just pay it but the CA will flat out not do a pay to delete. This collection has dropped by FICO from 780 to 650. It's insane. If anyone can help plz let me know I appreciate Whychat and this board's help so much. It's hard to believe a $215 collection causes this much damage but it may cost me a home loan and my new house.

New member "CreditCurious20" is well meaning but ANY communications should ONLY follow the HIPAA letter program

How far did you get in the dispute program??

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

You sent the initial dispute letter?  ( and obtained deletions from TU and Ex)

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

You sent the medical DV to the CA on the Eq entry?

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

You sent the follow up dispute to Eq.?

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

I am at the final step. I sent the medical DV letter to the CA and the follow up to EQ. Waiting to hear back. I cannot believe a $215 collection drops your score 100pts. WTF. for $200?! And if they don't do pay to delete it's like you're just screwed for 7 years.

Edited by DLasVegas
3 hours ago, DLasVegas said:

I am at the final step. I sent the medical DV letter to the CA and the follow up to EQ. Waiting to hear back. I cannot believe a $215 collection drops your score 100pts. WTF. for $200?! And if they don't do pay to delete it's like you're just screwed for 7 years.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:00 PM, CreditCurious20 said:

Confirm with your lender that they use the middle score. If so, it might not be as consequential as you think. I would send Equifax a follow up letter outlining all of this and also send copies of the dispute results from the other two CRA being unable to validate it.

On 9/8/2020 at 6:00 PM, CreditCurious20 said:

I would send Equifax a follow up letter outlining all of this and also send copies of the dispute results from the other two CRA being unable to validate it.

Equifax doesn't give a rat's patoot about what the other 2 bureaus do.  They are not bound by what any other agency does with the consumer information.  Waste of time.

I never meant to suggest that Equifax was bound by the other bureaus. I saw this suggested by a credit repair company years ago and thought it might be worth a shot. YMMV.  Given Equifax is already being a pain, you might be right that it would be fruitless. 

As for the OP's credit score, it is obviously advantageous to have the collection account removed. With that said, there is no need to panic and he is NOT "screwed for 7 years" even if the collection stays from a home loan perspective.  Given the amount and the fact it is a medical account, FHA, Fannie Mae, and most conventional lenders won't require him to pay it before closing. Most lenders also use the middle FICO score when approving loans. Unless the affected report would significantly change the value of his middle relevant FICO score, it is probably more vexing than anything else and would not have a major effect. Also keep in mind that if the lender is problematic, you have up to 45 days from the initial hard pull for the hard inquiries to be grouped together so if you have to find another lender there shouldn't be an additional hit to your score for additional hard inquiries if you are within the 45 day period.  In other words, continue exploring strategies for deletion, but don't fret @DLasVegas.