Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Advice: Applying for Mortgage with 759 Mid Score

Hello in 2-3 weeks I plan to apply for a mortgage with NFCU. My FICO mortgage mid score is 759 with high and low 727 and 796. 

Simple question I hope, alot of good homes popping up in our area so theres a sense of urgency. should I wait until that midscore hits 760 ?

I thought I remember reading on here 760 is the magic number, but maybe I'm wrong about that. just wondering if it will make a significant difference in interest rate

there is not a lot magic about 760 unless a lender says it is. So unless NFCU has 760 as a break-point I would not fret about capturing a 760 especially since there will be another pull at closing. In fact by the time you talk to NFCU your 759 might be 766 or 746. Getting the best rate and lowest costs for a secured loan is about a lot more than scores (this is not to say scores do not matter).

happy house hunting!!

50 minutes ago, hegemony said:

there is not a lot magic about 760 unless a lender says it is. So unless NFCU has 760 as a break-point I would not fret about capturing a 760 especially since there will be another pull at closing. In fact by the time you talk to NFCU your 759 might be 766 or 746. Getting the best rate and lowest costs for a secured loan is about a lot more than scores (this is not to say scores do not matter).

happy house hunting!!

Good to know thanks Heg! I'll have to check into NFCUs rate chart to see which bracket I'm in.