• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one ALWAYS makes me happy.    

Marv's post made me think of this.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not exactly a song I loved but it stuck in my brain for some reason after I ran across it in the late 60's. Kookie eh?

How strange back then when I was still in grade school.

"Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb"

22 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

Well, not exactly a song I loved but it stuck in my brain for some reason after I ran across it in the late 60's. Kookie eh?

How strange back then when I was still in grade school.

"Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb"

I have newfound appreciation for the protective forces in the universe that spared this '59 boomer from exposure to "Kookie" until such time as my psych was sufficiently strong and impervious from an otherwise devastating warp.  (And, just maybe, I understand the nature of my older half-brothers at long last!)

I was 15-20 years late to The B-52s party, but some of this music is still among my very favorite of all time.  I've seen them live 7 times.

I was looking for a remix of Lava to celebrate @DebtFreeIn04's string of CLIs when I came across this spectacular remix.  This is from a relatively obscure remix collection that I originally stumbled upon by accident in a used CD store (does anyone remember those?) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

I can't think of another 12 continuous minutes of music that would make me happier.  And it sounds really good really loud.

Edited by cv91915
2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I was 15-20 years late to The B-52s party, but some of this music is still among my very favorite of all time.  I've seen them live 7 times.

I was looking for a remix of Lava to celebrate @DebtFreeIn04's string of CLIs when I came across this spectacular remix.  This is from a relatively obscure remix collection that I originally stumbled upon by accident in a used CD store (does anyone remember those?) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

I can't think of another 12 continuous minutes of music that would make me happier.  And it sounds really good really loud.

Awesome!

I took a bullet to the heart this afternoon ...

Bev has gotten me into "A Discovery of Witches".  In this week's episode (new one premiers tomorrow), Marcus, a vampire turned in his mid-20's in the 18th c., is listening to a New Order song on his ear buds (the show is mostly contemporary dated).  He's at Sotheby's, where he's making inquiries into a pair of miniature portraits which have been put up for auction.

The agent he's with, Phoebe, inquires to what he's listening to, he spills, after which she makes reference to his "old man" music.    Ouch!

I have no illusions about my age.  But when I listen to my favorite music, my heart is timeless ... "Phoebe" pretty much reached in and gave it a good, hard squeeze :(

I swear Dallas-Hong Kong seems like a shorter flight than Charlotte to San Diego.  

L928BFb.jpg 

I've been watching School of Rock in 5-10 minute increments (I have an impossibly short attention span) since shortly after departure, which reminded me how much I loved Tenacious D.

There are no bad choices from their collection, many of them are fantastic at 3 million decibels, and the lyrics are occasionally priceless.

Quick sample (NOTE: Rated R for language):

One of my biggest musical disappointments was showing up at UC-San Diego's RIMAC arena with tickets to see them, only to find out that they had no band with them (so just acoustic guitars and voice), and you couldn't even get a beer because it was a dry campus.  😢

Edited by cv91915

I swear Dallas-Hong Kong seems like a shorter flight than Charlotte to San Diego.  

L928BFb.jpg 

I've been watching School of Rock in 5-10 minute increments (I have an impossibly short attention span) since shortly after departure, which reminded me how much I loved Tenacious D.

There are no bad choices from their collection, many of them are fantastic at 3 million decibels, and the lyrics are occasionally priceless.

Quick sample (NOTE: Rated R for language):

One of my biggest musical disappointments was showing up at UC-San Diego's RIMAC arena with tickets to see them, only to find out that they had no band with them (so just acoustic guitars and voice), and you couldn't even get a beer because it was a dry campus.  😢

I like "Wonderboy"

Everyone tells me I'm supposed to hate this song, and yet...

Which inevitably leads me to Code Monkey.  :lol: 

Edited by cv91915

Speaks for itself.  Turn it up.  

In the spaceship

The silver spaceship

The lion takes control

Hush my darling

Be still my darling

The lion's on the phone

Edited by cv91915

Until I saw this video I assumed that what Kate Pierson was doing with her voice was the work of a synthesizer.

She came from Planet Claire
I knew she came from there
She drove a Plymouth Satellite
A-faster than the speed of light

Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head

Some say she's from Mars
Or one of the seven stars that shine after three-thirty in the morning
Well, she isn't!

Until I saw this video I assumed that what Kate Pierson was doing with her voice was the work of a synthesizer.

Saw them perform at LV Hilton about 10 years ago, 30 years post P/C release.  Absolutely note perfect, Kate's vocals are sublime :)