Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NEW CARD!!!! (FREEDOM FLEX Master Charge)

I'm waiting to see if there will be a future cap on drugstore purchases, or if Chase just plans shutdowns for MSers. I don't MS, but the folks at DoC are salivating at drugstore giftcards possibilities. Or maybe Chase will get L3 data and change the terms for no points on giftcards? Either way, unlimited 3% at drugstores is going to be interesting to watch developments.

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I got this notification yesterday about my useless Freedom Unlimited card. 

BkLGE4q.png 

The Unlimited gets upgraded on the 13th to everything the new Flex offers, except for the Mastercard-specific stuff, like cell phone protection, Fandango, a few others.

1 hour ago, RVR said:

The Unlimited gets upgraded on the 13th to everything the new Flex offers, except for the Mastercard-specific stuff, like cell phone protection, Fandango, a few others.

I'm still intrigued and a bit baffled by this.  In agreement with @PhoenixDown that this dips into the C$R and CSP pools a bit too much. Not that I use the Chase portal for all of my travel booking, but I could certainly fit most through it.

I haven't hit a SUB in far too long, so the Flex might need to be app'd. I'm just not quite sure where it fits in best when I have all of the other UR-earning products...  Hell, I may need to PC my WaMu-originated FUnlimited that seems limited capped to the Flex and then pick up another FUnlimted. 

1 hour ago, RVR said:

Guessing you aren't a UR user. My FU receives most of my non-category spend then feeds the coffers of the C$R.

1 hour ago, Big Bear said:

Guessing you aren't a UR user.

As Ed McMahon used to say, "You are correct, Sir!".

I'm Big Time into two other credit card universes, and was never a big fan of quarterly regimes.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, smartlypretty said:

Yeah, hypothetically it's less risky to mail it to yourself in dryer sheets vacuum sealed.

Spraying Poo Pouri (heavy duty scent) on the bags works better, according to a friend.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, althes said:

There has to be catch coming.

They're rolling out the FF to replace the FU.  

Pure speculation, but look at the facts.

The world doesn't need three Freedom Cards, and the FU is a dog for all but a relative handful of UR-transfer devotees.*  

And there are two categories of UR-transfer enthusiasts:  the group that aspires to regularly get more value than $0.01 per UR, and the group that actually does.  I'll let you decide which group is larger.

* There is also some appeal to credit union refugees, who probably nearly drop dead when they find out you can get 1.5% back AND redeem your points for Chili's gift cards.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, centex said:

Many of the dispensaries have had problems getting access to card-related services because of the underlying banking issue...that may be changing though.

Rumor has it *cough* that certain items are relatively easy to get through a checkpoint when flying home FROM a 'legal' State.  I've also *cough* heard of certain things being sent via FedEx or UPS if you already had an account with them and were using a label. 

Just don't do like an acquaintance did who tried sending actual flower to someone through the USPS without using a zip-lock bag...allegedly *cough* the envelope could be smelled from several feet away. 

I may or may not have done everything here listed.

We take our vapes (no flower) in a sunglasses case on multiple flights and never had an issue.

Edited by scott31337
Adding

On 9/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, cv91915 said:

They're rolling out the FF to replace the FU.  

Pure speculation, but look at the facts.

The world doesn't need three Freedom Cards, and the FU is a dog for all but a relative handful of UR-transfer devotees.*  

And there are two categories of UR-transfer enthusiasts:  the group that aspires to regularly get more value than $0.01 per UR, and the group that actually does.  I'll let you decide which group is larger.

But if Chase is already axing the Freedom 5%, or rather adding 3% categories to it and renaming it to FF, which makes you think FU will be gone, too? Because 1.5 is too much (from Chase's perspective)? Or are there more clues to make you suspect an FU demise? 

I'm still surprised Chase did anything. 

On 9/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, cv91915 said:

They're rolling out the FF to replace the FU

Oh the irony in the use of 'rolling' with the other track this thread took...

9 hours ago, centex said:

Oh the irony in the use of 'rolling' with the other track this thread took...

I just want to know what Chase is smoking with these rolled offers.