Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Ex-Bank of America employees allege ‘extreme pressure' to sell credit cards

Posted (edited)

Wells Fargo practices were really stressful on employees. "Open XYZ number accounts this week or you're gone." It's no wonder employees opened accounts without customers requesting,  hoping they didn't notice.

This crap is also counterproductive. If I gave in and opened another account with such a bank, it doesn't mean I would give that bank more business. It would mean I would just divide the same amount of business among more accounts. With the banks pushing employees it became a numbers game. "More is better."

Edited by Burgerwars

Where I work, the people who complain about "extreme pressure" don't have the skills and/or the motivation to do theIr job.

At least there are post offices and credit unions where people can work. 

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Where I work, the people who complain about "extreme pressure" don't have the skills and/or the motivation to do theIr job.

I guess there must be extreme pressure and extreme competitiveness in the porch pirate industry.  Don't let it get you down.

Bank of America still has employees who sell to customers? I thought at BofA everyone was supposed to use only the website, stay out of the lobby unless you're a big business client, and that all the phone agents were offshore. How odd 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 7:41 AM, cv91915 said:

So you work at McDonald's? :lol:

53 minutes ago, Rogue said:

So you work at McDonald's? :lol:

They fired him.  That's why he's now a porch pirate.  

On 8/29/2020 at 9:41 AM, cv91915 said:

Sadly, that conflicts with one of the narratives making the rounds in training programs. 

That's what I like about my small local bank.  I can go in there and do my banking, and I don't have to endure a #$@ing sales pitch every &*$#ing time.

And my credit card with them had contactless six years ago.  And Chip&PIN too (very useful overseas and I travel a lot).  Chase and AmEx *still* don't have that.  

And they have plenty of quarters.  I bought 10 rolls last week.  My friends who bank with the big banks say they either can't get any, or they were limited to one lousy roll.  

There's no reason to bank with huge banks.  I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond.  "Next client in line, please." lol I don't wait in line, and they call me Mr. Muso, not "next client."  

2 hours ago, muso said:

That's what I like about my small local bank.  I can go in there and do my banking, and I don't have to endure a #$@ing sales pitch every &*$#ing time.

And my credit card with them had contactless six years ago.  And Chip&PIN too (very useful overseas and I travel a lot).  Chase and AmEx *still* don't have that.  

And they have plenty of quarters.  I bought 10 rolls last week.  My friends who bank with the big banks say they either can't get any, or they were limited to one lousy roll.  

There's no reason to bank with huge banks.  I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond.  "Next client in line, please." lol I don't wait in line, and they call me Mr. Muso, not "next client."  

I'll pass on your baby bank, thank you.

I couldn't care less about contactless.  If someone has issues identifying the right one of three credit cards in their wallet, they are better off with Apple Pay -- they have cute little pictures.  Chip & PIN is useless and a waste of time.  I travel far more than you could ever dream of and I have never found any advantage in Chip & PIN.  First of all, it's a waste of time.  Second, you have to put your fingers on a POS machine that some other scumbag just touched after wiping his butt with his fingers.  

Quarters?  WTF would I want quarters?  I bet you still use pay phones, right?

I don't wait in line either and I bank with one of the largest banks in the U.S.  You see, there's no line to wait in when you never have to go inside a bank.  I haven't been to a bank in years and if I ever had to I would use that nifty little device they invented light years ago -- an ATM.  I guess for some it might be too complicated to operate, but when you get the hang of it you'll find that you can withdraw money and deposit cash as well as checks.  Then, once someone gets past the learning curve and can handle an ATM, they can learn how a cell phone operates and deposit checks with their phone.  

I'd rather be a small fish in a big pond where I can get generous credit lines.  In those baby banks, their maximum exposure on credit cards is roughly food-stamp size.   "Hello, Mr. Big Fish, how are you today?  Would you like us to raise your credit limit from $5,000 to $10,000 so you can take Greyhound to Tijuana?"  🤣