Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Equifax reports unavailable

I have a 16-year-old LLC business.  I am not looking to get more credit, just checking scores.  Signed up for NAV back in March, where I saw "A" ratings for D&B and Experian, and a surprise "F" rating from Equifax.  Hmm, I don't have a history of not paying my vendors or other bills, so let's see what's up with that and if I need to do anything.   My personal FICO8 is 783, so I don't think that's it...

Normal advice is to pull the report and see - right?  Turns out that you can't do that right now.   Equifax's site where you normally can purchase your report for $99 had this unhelpful message:

message.png Important Message
Our online product is momentarily unavailable. We are in the process of upgrading the Member Center for a better customer experience and will return soon. Please check back with us to access the new and improved self-service experience!

No phone number to call or email link given.  Also, note the use of the word "momentarily" - haha.    Fast forward 4.5 months to last week - same message.  So, I sent a query to  cust.serv@equifax.com and asked how to purchase a report.  I got this reply:

Please contact Equifax Commercial Business at 800.727.8495 for further assistance.  If you've applied for a loan or a line of credit in your business name, and it was denied you would be able to request a copy of your business credit report.  If this is not the case at this time we would not be able to provide your copy of the business credit report, until the site is accessible again.  Right now we still don't have an eta for the site to be accessible.

Awesome.  no way to purchase a report unless you were denied credit.   Well, I don't think I want to go in search of ways to get denied just to be able to request a report, so it appears I'm stuck waiting to find out why their score is so much lower than the others.  BTW, the wayback machine shows they put this message up on the site on March 20th, just a few days before I checked for the first time.   I'm guessing their definition of "momentarily" is a bit different than mine.

I note also, that Equifax is the only bureau that makes you ask for your personal report by mail as well.  At least I didn't have to fax it.

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

On 8/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, HCHTech said:

I have a 16-year-old LLC business.  I am not looking to get more credit, just checking scores.  Signed up for NAV back in March, where I saw "A" ratings for D&B and Experian, and a surprise "F" rating from Equifax.  Hmm, I don't have a history of not paying my vendors or other bills, so let's see what's up with that and if I need to do anything.   My personal FICO8 is 783, so I don't think that's it...

Normal advice is to pull the report and see - right?  Turns out that you can't do that right now.   Equifax's site where you normally can purchase your report for $99 had this unhelpful message:

message.png Important Message
Our online product is momentarily unavailable. We are in the process of upgrading the Member Center for a better customer experience and will return soon. Please check back with us to access the new and improved self-service experience!

No phone number to call or email link given.  Also, note the use of the word "momentarily" - haha.    Fast forward 4.5 months to last week - same message.  So, I sent a query to  cust.serv@equifax.com and asked how to purchase a report.  I got this reply:

Please contact Equifax Commercial Business at 800.727.8495 for further assistance.  If you've applied for a loan or a line of credit in your business name, and it was denied you would be able to request a copy of your business credit report.  If this is not the case at this time we would not be able to provide your copy of the business credit report, until the site is accessible again.  Right now we still don't have an eta for the site to be accessible.

Awesome.  no way to purchase a report unless you were denied credit.   Well, I don't think I want to go in search of ways to get denied just to be able to request a report, so it appears I'm stuck waiting to find out why their score is so much lower than the others.  BTW, the wayback machine shows they put this message up on the site on March 20th, just a few days before I checked for the first time.   I'm guessing their definition of "momentarily" is a bit different than mine.

I note also, that Equifax is the only bureau that makes you ask for your personal report by mail as well.  At least I didn't have to fax it.

I can see the EQ and EXP Business scores in NAV (didn't pull the report directly from EQ) but not D&B: 

Dun & Bradstreet doesn't have enough credit data to provide a grade. Establish business credit

I only have one business credit card and very little activity. Perhaps chalk up these issues to covid? Coders and debuggers being laid off?

Edited by 123890

EQ is hideous scum, especially on the business side.  We seem to have a split file with not much showing aside from some mystery derog that does not show on the report but that drags the score down.  We must be missing 6-10 accounts.  Wrong phone numbers, contact info and people associated with the biz.   D&B and EX are correct and stellar.  Who would even report to such a group???

They are actually still charging people for their monitoring service while their momentary delay drags on for 6 months.