Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Secret Credit Union Database..

Sooooooooooooo is there some secret credit union database??? Every single time I go apply at a Credit Union I get these bizarre denials.. its been going on for years.. I spent a year cleaning up my Lexus Nexus a year or two back and cleaning up all the other stinking xxx databases connected collecting data... Now I went to a new one in the area and the identity questions are so bizarre like I have saw these ever before. The only good thing is they called me to bring in my ID where others have just shut me down without any explanation even though I provide all my ID.

I posted the other day about new questions coming up that looked at license plates from years ago and others ALSO noted questions keyed to older information.  But LN is rarely the source of the data for those identity questions.  But being old or being bizarre does not make the question, by itself, invalid...

The biggest thing that seems to trip people up with credit unions is NOT meeting eligibility requirements.  Joining the outlier on their list online and applying the same day is not often going to carry the day.

6 hours ago, IvyMgmt said:

Sooooooooooooo is there some secret credit union database???

Yes.

Yes.

Wow I would really like to clear this mess up. Seriously how can I get my info from it? Do we have an idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted the other day about new questions coming up that looked at license plates from years ago and others ALSO noted questions keyed to older information.  But LN is rarely the source of the data for those identity questions.  But being old or being bizarre does not make the question, by itself, invalid...

The biggest thing that seems to trip people up with credit unions is NOT meeting eligibility requirements.  Joining the outlier on their list online and applying the same day is not often going to carry the day.

So I can understand that. But 5 of the questions had nothing I never heard of like ever. I didn’t make sense.

I qualified for this CU b/c I simply live in the area. I was not denied it was bizarre the ID questions.

3 hours ago, IvyMgmt said:

Wow I would really like to clear this mess up. Seriously how can I get my info from it? Do we have an idea?

No it's not public. CUs share customer info with each other. It's well known. If you get a bad rep with one it will make its way to the others and you will be blackballed. It's happened to me. You move on and find someone else to do business with. 

15 hours ago, IvyMgmt said:

So I can understand that. But 5 of the questions had nothing I never heard of like ever. I didn’t make sense.

I qualified for this CU b/c I simply live in the area. I was not denied it was bizarre the ID questions.

So if you live in the area, you go and plop yourself down in front of a CU employee.  Extremely easy to resolve. 

No it's not public. CUs share customer info with each other. It's well known. If you get a bad rep with one it will make its way to the others and you will be blackballed. It's happened to me. You move on and find someone else to do business with. 

But I don’t have a bad rep. That does not speak to the identity issue. That’s the issue.

So if you live in the area, you go and plop yourself down in front of a CU employee.  Extremely easy to resolve. 

Well because of COVID most aren’t accepting walk ins you must make an appointment. That hasn’t anything to do with wrong info in a database. I have also tried to do other credit unions - digital and others no one gives me straight answers even AFTER I submit ID. I WANT to get this cleaned up.

1 hour ago, centex said:

Credit unions are all about the personal touch. While COVID may make you less likely to want an in-person interaction, most credit unions still want their employees to talk to the new member, cross sell products, and get a feel for the person on an individual level. Many credit unions want you to feel that you're not just a number. And they're suspicious of online new memberships.

It's part of the memberlicious difference! 

46 minutes ago, IvyMgmt said:

Well because of COVID most aren’t accepting walk ins you must make an appointment. That hasn’t anything to do with wrong info in a database. I have also tried to do other credit unions - digital and others no one gives me straight answers even AFTER I submit ID. I WANT to get this cleaned up.

Even if an appointment is required, you make an appointment and speak to a human AT the CU.  That you won't do so says you really DON'T want to get matters resolved (or open the account).

You COULD resolve this very simply (and potentially help OTHER prospective members at the same time).  You CHOSE not to do so...

Credit unions are all about the personal touch. While COVID may make you less likely to want an in-person interaction, most credit unions still want their employees to talk to the new member, cross sell products, and get a feel for the person on an individual level. Many credit unions want you to feel that you're not just a number. And they're suspicious of online new memberships.

It's part of the memberlicious difference! 

I truly understand that.

Even if an appointment is required, you make an appointment and speak to a human AT the CU.  That you won't do so says you really DON'T want to get matters resolved (or open the account).

You COULD resolve this very simply (and potentially help OTHER prospective members at the same time).  You CHOSE not to do so...

I am not sure how you gathered that. I am pretty sure I already said I was there and I spoke to them and showed my ID.

MY RESPONSE to you was you can’t just walk into any bank here where I am.

In addition me walking into this bank one back does not resolve the main issue of a main database pulling wrong info. It’s coming from somewhere.

I’m going to say it again and be clear if I were not

1. These credit unions are pulling identity information that does not match me at all. Not even close. It random off information.
2. This info is connected in this DB to me some kind of way
3. I want to clean it up
4. Taking ID to ONE CU does not help as it effects other apps at other credit unions.

Let me know if this wasn’t clear..

1 hour ago, centex said:

The secret CU database is pretty neat. I really like the ability to submit scuttlebutt on my neighbors and co-workers.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, IvyMgmt said:

Every single time I go apply at a Credit Union I get these bizarre denials.

Most people would just stop applying for credit union accounts.  

How many useless credit cards and 0.05% APY savings accounts do you need?

45 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Most people would just stop applying for credit union accounts.  

How many useless credit cards and 0.05% APY savings accounts do you need?

I'm still butthurt from the lies @PotO told Penfed about me. How did these lies make it into the secret CU database?

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

I'm still butthurt from the lies @PotO told Penfed about me. How did these lies make it into the secret CU database?

To be fair, it's not my fault, Hege.  When you talked about boinking half the staff at your credit union, how was I to known it was idle boasting and that the credit union was PenFed?

Next time I'll just blame it on our resident porch pirate. 

43 minutes ago, PotO said:

To be fair, it's not my fault, Hege.  When you talked about boinking half the staff at your credit union, how was I to known it was idle boasting and that the credit union was PenFed?

Next time I'll just blame it on our resident porch pirate. 

well you embellished the stories a bit and, as god as my witness, I have no idea how those kittens ended up in my sleeping bag.

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

well you embellished the stories a bit and, as god as my witness, I have no idea how those kittens ended up in my sleeping bag.

Hege, the kittens were fine.  It's the one that popped out that you picked up in Arkansas that sealed your fate.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, hegemony said:

The secret CU database is pretty neat. I really like the ability to submit scuttlebutt on my neighbors and co-workers.

You made light of this but its really not funny and perhaps it does not effect you.. but indeed there is another LexisNexis DB that they do not tell you about called Accurint.. When I called LN today she assured me that the DB was scrubbed from my work two years ago.. and she never gave me an answer to my questions as to why a file could be pulled with all this info if it were deleted two years ago.

I am in the process of looking for commercial space and a lawyer pulled an unverified file and got irate with my Realtor and I baffled at what he is saying.. Come to find out this Aurint DB still had addresses - addressed dating further back than 25 years.. those address have people associated with them.  The reports I have from two years ago have peoples LN IDs, their socials all of their addresses their kids name.. some their parents names.. these people I have no clue of b/c those people were neighbors or they lived at those addresses and they are associating them with me. One person I know where all her info is on my report but mine not on hers.. this is so bizarre and upsetting that I have to keep doing this for so many years.. and everytime I have to stop what I am doing and clean it up.  

I have now locked my LN file and I will not release it to anyone this is insanity...

But its whatever you keep finding it all a joke I hope my posts can help someone else..

Accurint is a WELL-KNOWN source out there.  I even recall discussions about them from the era where I had joined CB but knew about them even before that by virtue of its aid in tracking down people.   I believe it is even included in the master thread here about databases people have to be aware of...

Accurint is a WELL-KNOWN source out there.  I even recall discussions about them from the era where I had joined CB but knew about them even before that by virtue of its aid in tracking down people.   I believe it is even included in the master thread here about databases people have to be aware of...

It’s well known to whom? I just asked my Realtor n he had no idea about it. And it’s funny you say that because the initial number I called told me they SAW nothing I was talking about none of it existed. But when I spoke to someone else she told me and those people told me of other databases “people keepers” and they feed into Accurint and they had addresses back 25 years. YOU may know but others surely don’t and it’s not that come. Hell people don’t know about LN.

I been here a minute n it’s the first I’m hearing of it.

Regardless this thread may spark research for someone else.

Qy1C1tx.png

I get 255 results spanning 11 pages since 2004.

LebH08u.png  

Yes on this board.. but does this board reflect all of the population of people with credit? You know how many credit groups I belong to on FB who don’t know ABOUT this board. Also 11 pages don’t mean it’s thousands of people.. point being it’s still not well known as you may think it is.