Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

AUTOPAY IN FULL??

Hi Guys! Looking for some advice on credit cards or banks that will allow credit card statements to be set up to AUTO-PAY IN FULL each month. I have an American Express card that I was able to set up through American Express to pay in full from my Chase checking account each month and it has been such a time saver as well as a worry free method to earn credit. I have some other credit cards and have found that I am unable to set any of those up in the same way. I can set up to pay a set amount which is not ideal since the amount always changes. 

Is this something that is not typically offered? I would appreciate any input!!

Citi does this. C1 does this. Chase I remember did this. 

Discover does fixed amount only, but it will never autopay more than your statement balance, so I set the amount to my credit limit and it always pays in full.

NFCU doesn't which is annoying. But that's more the exception than the rule. 

1 hour ago, cashnocredit said:

I have all my cards, Citi, WF, Amex, Chase, and CapOne to autopay in full. I didn't know any issuers didn't have that option.

Are those the only cards you have? I am use to reading here and elsewhere that you need a lot more cards.

My brother has only three cards and he says that's all he needs. He's had them since the early 80's. 

1 hour ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Are those the only cards you have? I am use to reading here and elsewhere that you need a lot more cards.

My brother has only three cards and he says that's all he needs. He's had them since the early 80's. 

I have two Citi cards (Costco and AA Exec) but only one each at the other banks. So 5 CCs and a charge card. From what I saw at the Fair Isaac blog (not the MF forum) , 5 CCs is the point where more cards have no affect of scores and 3 will get you close.

However, the more cards you have (and total CLs) the lower your util and that does help. Or you can just prepay to maximize FICO if the need arises. I've only done that to experiment with score impact. I put high ticket stuff on Amex Plat. and that doesn't affect my scores at all.

Five and the Amex is plenty for me. And I don't want to spend more time logging in and checking accounts to make sure everything is proper.

14 hours ago, ALittleSongALittleDance said:

AUTO-PAY IN FULL each month. I have an American Express card that I was able to set up through American Express to pay in full from my Chase checking account each month and it has been such a time saver

I get the convenience aspect, but as a practical matter, how much actual time does it take to schedule a credit card payment?  :) 

11 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

I have two Citi cards (Costco and AA Exec) but only one each at the other banks. So 5 CCs and a charge card. From what I saw at the Fair Isaac blog (not the MF forum) , 5 CCs is the point where more cards have no affect of scores and 3 will get you close.

However, the more cards you have (and total CLs) the lower your util and that does help. Or you can just prepay to maximize FICO if the need arises. I've only done that to experiment with score impact. I put high ticket stuff on Amex Plat. and that doesn't affect my scores at all.

Five and the Amex is plenty for me. And I don't want to spend more time logging in and checking accounts to make sure everything is proper.

This is where I'm at on having soooo many cards; not interested. Sorry, it was late last night and I didn't feel up to explaining how I already know the reasoning why to add more credit cards for CL utilization and so on. 

On an unrelated note, my brother has the Gold Amex and has never looked into or does he care about points or cash back accumulation. I would imagine he has zillions since he uses his Amex all the time for over 30 years. He expressed that he read something about it on his paper statement and looked into it and determined it was worthless so he didn't waste his time. He is affluent so all this is trivia to him. Anyhow, makes me wonder if it is because he never goes online to check his Amex account and is old school and writes a check each month to PIF off a paper statement.