Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

which Bureau does Honda Finance pull from in TX?

Thanks.  The old way that creditpulls gave results would have been helpful for this but they change the way it displays.

I found 72 results  just using the word *honda*.  They would pull whatever bureau I told them to if it meant they could approve the deal for me.  But I'm in Florida.  If you just ask I feel positive the salesmgr or finance me could tell you who they default pull.  Whatever you do, do not apply on your on behalf to an indirect lender.

2 hours ago, MarvBear said:

Whatever you do, do not apply on your on behalf to an indirect lender.

Are you saying to not apply for my own outside loan before going to dealership? I was planning to do that for leverage as I have a score above 800 and should get the best rate. 10 years ago I got my own loan and at the first dealership I told them straight away because I thought that was the thing to do. They seriously actied in a way that they did not want to sell me a car. took me to a car and the salesman drove it and when I asked to drive it he said he could not allow that due to insurance reasons, nobody ever test drives because cars are new and they know car is good, etc. Now I know not to mention I have my own financing until I negotiate with their financing. thanks for the help. I think you helped me 10 years ago on that car, still driving it for now.

I got many results as well  but you need to click on each result individually to see details. before it showed up as a list showing details of creditor, location, score, CRA and whatever comments the user made.super easy that way to get info I needed then I could search the page if needed.

Apply wherever you will. I am saying not to apply on your own behalf to an indirect lender. American Honda Finance Company is an indirect lender. As such the dealer determines the rates/terms. If your score is that high and reflective of your overall credit then you should qualify for any special financing offered.

As far as who the pull, if that is a concern, I would ask directly if nobody else here answers or you don't want to look at the credit pulls information.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

And none of us are the original coders that incorporated that into creditboards. So after many years and many security upgrades we still have some search and sort abilities left. I'm not a coder so I'm probably not explaining it the right way to you.

49 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

Apply wherever you will. I am saying not to apply on your own behalf to an indirect lender. American Honda Finance Company is an indirect lender. As such the dealer determines the rates/terms. If your score is that high and reflective of your overall credit then you should qualify for any special financing offered.

does that mean I apply to Honda and they send my request to many other lenders? Do I get one credit hit for that?

Apply at the dealership for AHFC. There will be a pull from the dealership and subsequently a pull from AHFC. They're deduped since they are done the same day so FICO scoring will just hit you for one pull.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:55 PM, MarvBear said:

Apply at the dealership for AHFC. There will be a pull from the dealership and subsequently a pull from AHFC. They're deduped since they are done the same day so FICO scoring will just hit you for one pull.

Thanks!