Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

got a new version of ID questions...old license plate numbers

I don't know who they source the information from, but one bout of identity proving questions today asked for the License Plate of a vehicle I sold more than 12 years ago.  They did at least give me the make and model of the vehicle.  Also had two different questions about a city I lived in 20 years ago...for about nine months. 

It is becoming easier and easier to blow these quizzes if you have any sort of churn in your life...

49 minutes ago, centex said:

I don't know who they source the information from, but one bout of identity proving questions today asked for the License Plate of a vehicle I sold more than 12 years ago.  They did at least give me the make and model of the vehicle.  Also had two different questions about a city I lived in 20 years ago...for about nine months. 

It is becoming easier and easier to blow these quizzes if you have any sort of churn in your life...

Other than cars I've owned in NV there is no way I'd recognize old plates. I guess this is what happens when the private sector monetizes DMV data.

If you are in an ELT state, then the data comes from a combination of your counties tax records and the DMV.    I think roughly half of the states now are ELT mandatory. 

There is no way in hades I could remember that,  I don't even know the tag number on the car we own now.  I'd have to look at the registration.   That's a bullcrap question to ask anyway.

I so hate KBA and the associated questions that often literally make NO sense and are unanswerable! Have never received questions pertaining to plates and I could not answer any of those questions, especially with all of the company cars I have driven.  I do however remember the plate of my very first car, don't know why, but I remember it and that's it, could not recall a single plate since.....

Ya, this stupidity has no bounds.

I got this question during an online checking account opening, and I can honestly say I can list out 25 that I know off and probably thousands that I do not know. Needless to say I failed...

"What is the first name of a person living in the same town as you and has your last name".

3 hours ago, gdtobefree said:

Well, I'm in a world of trouble I can't even remember the plate on my car I have now! LOL

Same here. I now have to memorize that.

It's tough enough these verification are wrong and you can't dispute them with companies like Equifax's eIDverify. One that is wrong that I know is "right" is when they ask me which is a previous employer. I have no idea where "Constipated Woman" came from but that is "right."

Edited by Burgerwars