Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Amex Shop Small 2020 Offer - Spend $10, Get $5 Back (up to 10X)

Small Business Saturday has been dead for a while, and while this isn't as compelling as the original offers, at least there's something in it for cardholders this year.

I just added this to my Greenie, TAD's Greenie, one of my Vonboy AUs and one of my EveryDay AUs.

Vk94b2y.png

Does Amex still profile customers based on where they use their cards? Because they do have some nice hankies at the leather store that would fit this offer sweetly. But I just don't know if I feel good about taking an Amex there! It just feels more like a Citi DoubleCash or Alliant Visa kind of place; you know, proud of being an outsider from all the cool cards. 😄

If i remember correctly and (I may be mistaken), AMEX has clamped down on some benefits by making sure both AU and Main cards do not get to double dip some promotions.  Also, I think they made sure the offer is valid across all cards together, and cannot be used on multiple cards.

31 minutes ago, Krish said:

If i remember correctly and (I may be mistaken), AMEX has clamped down on some benefits by making sure both AU and Main cards do not get to double dip some promotions.  Also, I think they made sure the offer is valid across all cards together, and cannot be used on multiple cards.

The current limit on personal cards is one of each offer per consumer.  It doesn't matter if an individual consumer is an AU or the primary.  

If the offer is present on multiple cards for the same consumer, when the offer is added on one card it disappears from the available offers on that consumer's other cards.

The primary and AUs can have the same offer added to the same card account.  The offer is tied to the card number.

31 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

The current limit on personal cards is one of each offer per consumer.  It doesn't matter if an individual consumer is an AU or the primary.  

If the offer is present on multiple cards for the same consumer, when the offer is added on one card it disappears from the available offers on that consumer's other cards.

The primary and AUs can have the same offer added to the same card account.  The offer is tied to the card number.

Glad that you cleared that up.

So, when do we start collecting the reward ..lol....

39 minutes ago, Krish said:

Glad that you cleared that up.

So, when do we start collecting the reward ..lol....

What are you waiting for?  GO!

So far I'm at $155 back on this promotion.  Last day is 9/20.

TAD's Green:                  10/10 used ($50 back)

My Green:                        8/10 used ($40 back)

EveryDay AU (Mom):     8/10 used ($40 back)

Vonboy AU (Dad):          5/10 used ($25 back)*

* This one will be at 6/10 if today's lunch at Arrivederci qualifies.  It should, but the purchase didn't trigger a confirmation email.

Edited by cv91915

On 9/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, cv91915 said:

So far I'm at $155 back on this promotion.  Last day is 9/20.

My Green:                        8/10 used ($40 back)

EveryDay AU (Mom):     8/10 used ($40 back)

Vonboy AU (Dad):          5/10 used ($25 back)*

Tomorrow is the last day for this promotion.  

I have one unused offer each on the EveryDay AU and my Greenie.  

I have so much cheese and ground meat in my freezer I can barely get the door closed.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, cv91915 said:

My Green:                       10/10 used ($50 back)

EveryDay AU (Mom):    10/10 used ($50 back)

Vonboy AU (Dad):         10/10 used ($50 back)

Mission accomplished.  :good: 

They listed 1st Wok, an awesome little Chinese restaurant in Calhoun Village (now Greenway Lakes Commons) in Minneapolis, on their map o' small businesses for me to go to and utilize this offer.

I walked in to 1st Wok on Friday night to pick up my Hunan style bean curd & hot and sour soup, and also to discover that 1st Wok does not take American Express.

4 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

They listed 1st Wok, an awesome little Chinese restaurant in Calhoun Village (now Greenway Lakes Commons) in Minneapolis, on their map o' small businesses for me to go to and utilize this offer.

I walked in to 1st Wok on Friday night to pick up my Hunan style bean curd & hot and sour soup, and also to discover that 1st Wok does not take American Express.

My understanding from Amex's website is the small business has to be listed as participating in the program. You can check via a zip code radius and find the ones that do.

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

My understanding from Amex's website is the small business has to be listed as participating in the program. You can check via a zip code radius and find the ones that do.

Yeah.  1st Wok was listed. 

At least restaurants are 5% CB on Discover this quarter.

I can easily envision a scenario where a business that is economically stressed due to local unrest and other restrictions makes the decision to scale back card acceptance but where that decision takes time to filter through the AXP Small Business directory...

14 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

But what did you end up buying.

On 9/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, cv91915 said:

I have so much cheese and ground meat in my freezer I can barely get the door closed.