Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Hey guys, I'd like to proudly say I have officially paid off all of my collections totaling around $3k and gotten in writing from all the collections agencies they will pay for delete. I'm 25 just graduated college the collections were from when I turned 18. I'm just unsure as to what the next step is? I have been on the self lender, and grow credit accounts for a few months now. Last I checked 2 months ago discover secured and capital one secured (one of the collections was a capital one card) denied me. Should I wait around 2 months for all the credit reports to update then try applying again? Should I get a open sky ? I really want to focus on getting a high score I have a good job now I also plan on paying all if any cc bills i get after getting approved in full. I was at a 480 fico with experian, im currently at a 576. But I'm hoping after the collections update as paid, then get removed as per the agreement with the CA's it might jump to 600's. My credit karma is already 600+ but I know that score is virtually useless.

All advice is highly appreciated!

5 hours ago, FahimAlamShakie said:

I have officially paid off all of my collections totaling around $3k and gotten in writing from all the collections agencies they will pay for delete.

I was at a 480 fico with experian, im currently at a 576. But I'm hoping after the collections update as paid, then get removed as per the agreement with the CA's it might jump to 600's.

Definitely wait for the deletes to update your reports before applying for anything new.

Should I get a open sky ?

No, you should be inching up in quality at this point.  That would be a step backward.  Once you have six months of on-time payments reporting on your two secured cards, start hitting the prequalifiers and see what kind of offers you get.

On 6/15/2020 at 6:12 AM, cv91915 said:

Definitely wait for the deletes to update your reports before applying for anything new.

No, you should be inching up in quality at this point.  That would be a step backward.  Once you have six months of on-time payments reporting on your two secured cards, start hitting the prequalifiers and see what kind of offers you get.

I don't have any secured credit cards though. I got denied for the capital one and discover secured cards. Discover im not sure why, at the time it said my credit had to many collections. And capital one I'm guess they denied me because one of the collections I just paid off was capital one. The self lender isn't a credit card its just a secured installment loan it is helping me inche up credit score wise. Grow credit is the same exact thing just another company. So as of now I Have no secured credit cards. Should I try another company maybe?

6 hours ago, FahimAlamShakie said:

I don't have any secured credit cards though. I got denied for the capital one and discover secured cards. Discover im not sure why, at the time it said my credit had to many collections. And capital one I'm guess they denied me because one of the collections I just paid off was capital one. The self lender isn't a credit card its just a secured installment loan it is helping me inche up credit score wise. Grow credit is the same exact thing just another company. So as of now I Have no secured credit cards. Should I try another company maybe?

I'm sorry, I misread your first post.  

Do you have any open, positive revolving accounts at this point?  

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm sorry, I misread your first post.  

Do you have any open, positive revolving accounts at this point?  

Yes I have 2 installment loans accounts. I don't know if you heard of self lender. Its basically a secured personal loan. It's for $500. So I pay $25 a month ( I can pay it off they just reccomended $25 to have a lot of payments posted). And they post my $25 payment every single month. Starting next month the same company Self lender will give me a option to get a secured visa credit card and I Can add up to $500 on it as well. And that would be my first actual "secured credit card" on my file. The last I applied for any credit card was before I paid all my installments and I literally applied to a few I know that was very stupid of me) and I got rejected from all of them, so they all showed up as hard inquiries on my report. I'm stuck as to what do I do next. Should I just wait out the 90 days and wait for all my reports to reflect the pay for deletes on my credit report and then apply for something? At this point the only thing I will get approved for lol is that opensky and i dont think thats such a good option.

Credit repair companies also offer to open a "tradeline" for 2 months for me, basically make me a authorize user on one of there credit cards. They said that adds there positive payment history to my file and then they can get me to apply to a credit card and get me approved. I don't know how true thatis thought sounds kind of ifffy. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FahimAlamShakie said:

Should I just wait out the 90 days and wait for all my reports to reflect the pay for deletes on my credit report and then apply for something?

On 6/15/2020 at 1:16 AM, FahimAlamShakie said:

I'd like to proudly say I have officially paid off all of my collections totaling around $3k and gotten in writing from all the collections agencies they will pay for delete

Absolutely.  You're so close, and your reports will look a lot better with zero collections.

Edited by cv91915

58 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Absolutely.  You're so close, and your reports will look a lot better with zero collections.

After that what should I try to get? Discover secured?

24 minutes ago, FahimAlamShakie said:

After that what should I try to get? Discover secured?

I'm assuming the OC accounts are still reporting as COs, right?  If yes, how old?

If they're at least a couple of years old and you're feeling saucy, you might take a stab at an unsecured Capital One card.  You can always revert back to secured cards.