Jump to content

Search Skills Fail (Master Recon Thread)


Recommended Posts

I could've sworn that we had a master thread with lots of recon numbers in it.  However, searching a bit I'm finding nothing.  

Specifically, in case it's not there, I'm looking for a Recon number to CitiBank as far as a credit limit goes.  Paltry $3k was like... pfft, what am I supposed to do with that, when that's the spend on the card offer...and 0% for 18 ... well, 3k is unimpressive to move over, LOL.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

I'm looking for a Recon number to CitiBank as far as a credit limit goes.  Paltry $3k was like... pfft, what am I supposed to do with that, when that's the spend on the card offer...and 0% for 18 ... well, 3k is unimpressive to move over, LOL.

Unfortunately Citi doesn't do limit recon. The limit is set by the system. But you can make a CLI request that will require another HP

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shifter said:

Unfortunately Citi doesn't do limit recon. The limit is set by the system. But you can make a CLI request that will require another HP

Interesting, I did not know that, is this a more recent development or has Citi always been this recalcitrant?

 

And maybe Zanshiro did not receive a higher starting limit from Citi due to a sub-2000 credit score from TU?

Edited by Rogue
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

Paltry $3k was like... pfft, what am I supposed to do with that, when that's the spend on the card offer...and 0% for 18 ... well, 3k is unimpressive to move over, LOL.

 

As discussed, Citi doesn't recon.  But they will consider a request to move CL from one of your existing cards when you first open a new card.   (Sometimes you just gotta work with what's at hand for the sake of the larger picture ...)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hdporter said:

 

As discussed, Citi doesn't recon.  But they will consider a request to move CL from one of your existing cards when you first open a new card.   (Sometimes you just gotta work with what's at hand for the sake of the larger picture ...)

This ^

 

I have accomplished this via the EO, although the last time they were quite picky about it, and it cost me a second hard pull which I found ridiculous (less than 1 week after initial pull on app).  I got a crap $3k limit as well on a card I wanted to do a 0% BT on.  Was able to move $25K to it to make it useable.  The worst part was I think at the time I asked to move my whole DC limit (which was $85K I think) and they said no, then I asked for $25K and they said OK, and then I asked for $50K and they said no, each time having to go back to lending and wait ~48 hours or so for response.  Wouldn't it have been easier to say up front (and I did request they ask UW this) hey we can't do the $85K, max we can do is $XX, does that work?  Unfortunately that'd be way too logical for Citi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 6:29 AM, CTSoxFan said:

This ^

 

I have accomplished this via the EO, although the last time they were quite picky about it, and it cost me a second hard pull which I found ridiculous (less than 1 week after initial pull on app).  I got a crap $3k limit as well on a card I wanted to do a 0% BT on.  Was able to move $25K to it to make it useable.  The worst part was I think at the time I asked to move my whole DC limit (which was $85K I think) and they said no, then I asked for $25K and they said OK, and then I asked for $50K and they said no, each time having to go back to lending and wait ~48 hours or so for response.  Wouldn't it have been easier to say up front (and I did request they ask UW this) hey we can't do the $85K, max we can do is $XX, does that work?  Unfortunately that'd be way too logical for Citi.

I just app'd the Diamond Preferred for the BT offer, and got a shite $3k limit.  My AAdvantage has a $23k limit.

Called to ask for reallocation; gotta wait until card shows up.

 

Called with card in hand; front line CSRs can't do.  Would you like to request a CLI?  :eyeroll:

 

Called back and asked for credit analyst department; sorry sir, we don't have such a thing.  :eyeroll:

 

Like seriously, FMITAWABRD.

 

CTSoxFan, can you share that EO contact info please?  I'm about to cancel both of these cards and blow them up on social media for shits and giggles, because they are such noot noots.

 

[eta] Disregard, found the EO numbers above.

 

[addendum]  Aaaand Wendy at the EO CC number was able to help, took my info, and will send it to whoever to get processed.  Closest thing to a valid attempt I am going to get from Citi, so I'll take it. :)

 

 

Edited by brainchasm
addendum
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, first Citi card, just put the 2 hosp bills on it to hit the reward spend.  Now, to pay them off within a week, to prove the point of wanting a better line, which they still denied after the second pull.  Darn near a toy limit with the other cards I had open.  XD  Oh well, rode the UrbanOne train today, so I'll use that to pay it off instead.  Then ... another trick to see if they notice.  If not, no big loss of a pretty much otherwise-useless card.  

 

Will report results of that after test run.  Until then...

 

┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻

 
Edited by Zanshiro
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, brainchasm said:

I just app'd the Diamond Preferred for the BT offer, and got a shite $3k limit.  My AAdvantage has a $23k limit.

Called to ask for reallocation; gotta wait until card shows up.

 

Called with card in hand; front line CSRs can't do.  Would you like to request a CLI?  :eyeroll:

 

Called back and asked for credit analyst department; sorry sir, we don't have such a thing.  :eyeroll:

 

Like seriously, FMITAWABRD.

 

CTSoxFan, can you share that EO contact info please?  I'm about to cancel both of these cards and blow them up on social media for shits and giggles, because they are such noot noots.

 

[eta] Disregard, found the EO numbers above.

 

[addendum]  Aaaand Wendy at the EO CC number was able to help, took my info, and will send it to whoever to get processed.  Closest thing to a valid attempt I am going to get from Citi, so I'll take it. :)

 

 

get ready for a second pull and a fat no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 10:58 AM, CTSoxFan said:

get ready for a second pull and a fat no.

Fat no it was.

 

No actual increase requested; same exposure before and after.  Declined, because balances to high.

 

I'm going to zero out these cards and close them.  Citi is farking stoopid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 2:17 PM, brainchasm said:

Fat no it was.

 

No actual increase requested; same exposure before and after.  Declined, because balances to high.

 

I'm going to zero out these cards and close them.  Citi is farking stoopid.

 

Of all my lenders, I think Citi is my least favorite.  I always have issues with their website.  They make decisions that defy logic.  They are difficult to work with, at best, and they are never consistent.  I even have more respect for AmEx who is holding a 16 year grudge against me.  At least they are consistent, even if I do agree with their decision.

 

Only reason I don't dump them is that I have over $100K in CLs with them and don't want the utilization hit.

Edited by CTSoxFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Of all my lenders, I think Citi is my least favorite.  I always have issues with their website.  They make decisions that defy logic.  They are difficult to work with, at best, and they are never consistent.  I even have more respect for AmEx who is holding a 16 year grudge against me.  At least they are consistent, even if I do agree with their decision.

 

Only reason I don't dump them is that I have over $100K in CLs with them and don't want the utilization hit.

Yeah, I got $25k with them and it'd be sad to see it go, but not too impactful.

Upside is, I can dump their AAdvantage and then attach my AAL account to a Barclays Aviator!  Don't even have to let my miles go fallow. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      180,810
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    CREDITSAINT
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines