Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Oversees Collection

I just recently got a notice of a collections account on my Transunion for 250 dollars.  It is from Synerprise Consulting Services.  They seem like a very reputable company and assume they have the account validated already.

I am currently oversees and don't have an opportunity to send any priority mail to them for verification. 

Should I call them to ask them if they will do a Pay for Delete as the amount is only 250 dollars.  I am assuming this is due to a procedure I had last year.  I haven't been in the states to know if they sent a bill from that procedure.

I was planning on buying a home in the next couple of months and the sooner it can be gone the better.  

What should I do since I am oversees?

Thank you in advance!!

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

I do not suggest you pay them or contact them.  They are a collection agency with many complaints against them.  https://www.lemberglaw.com/synerprise-consulting-services-scs-collections-complaints/

Do you have any idea as to WHEN you received the medical services they are claiming you owe??

Is it just on your TU report??

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

If the medical service was last year and you did not get a bill forwarded to you and you do not have access to priority mail service ( are you active duty?) then send the OC medical services provider a money order ( following these directions)

Please make sure that your payment is in the form of a bank cashiers check or bank money order,(do not use a postal money order). THIS IS CONSIDERED THE SAME AS A CASH PAYMENT, that you make a photo copy of the front and back of the remittance, that your name and address are CLEARLY printed on the remittance, that it is made to the order of THE ORIGINAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER, and that you print or type clearly in the endorsement section "For Deposit Only to the Account of (name of H.C. provider)

with the following letter.

(Your Name)
(address)
(City,State, zip)
s.s.# (social security #)
( health care provider creditor)
(address)
(date)
Dear Sir/Madam;
This letter is in reference to (account #) for services provided to (name of patient) on (date of service).
In regard to the bill on this account in the amount of ($___):
Enclosed please find my remittance of ($___) for payment in full of this account.
Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute a  violation of HIPAA Privacy Act rules. 
Your furnishing of my account information to (collection agency name), is not in compliance with HIPAA,or and any subsequent reporting of this account on my credit reports to (credit reporting bureaus) is a clear violation of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") since there can be no permissible business purpose in divulging protected health information to anyone on an account once there is no longer any payment due.In addition the new Omnibus Final Rule states:when patients pay out of pocket in full, they can instruct their provider to refrain from sharing information.This letter serves as that instruction
Therefore I am requesting you promptly rescind all such account information furnished to (collection agency) and require them to purge their records of all reference to this account, and that you insure that any and all reporting of this account is immediately deleted from my credit reports.
Sincerely,
signature
(Your Name)

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much Why Chat for the response!  So appreciate your knowledge and help.

Since I am out of the country and won't be back to the US till probably end of July, should I just wait till then or do something else?  I don't have anyone else that I trust in the states to do it for me.  

I am not Active Duty but work for an Oil Company.  How can I send a money order with a letter attached to it from oversees?  I am sorry, I haven't done that before?

I also don't know the amount due from the Medical provider, only the amount from SCS.  How would I go about finding out that amount?

Also, should I call  Synerprise Consulting Services to see exactly which account they are trying to collect on?  I am almost sure it is, as it is the only medical procedure I have done in 15 years, but to double check?

thank you again!!

Edited by iheart

No don't call. It can wait until you get back. Meanwhile opt out and get your current credit reports. In your case, do it on line . I presume you have a Stateside mailing address?? Is your mail forwarded to you?? The problem with trying to fix it now is that you may get it messed up worse. If you have insurance that SHOULD have covered the medical procedure you should contact them and get an EOMB (explanation of medical benefits) that will show you what was billed, what was allowed, what was paid and how much (if anything) you are actually responsible for.

Why Chat I noticed on the medical providers website they are offering 1/2 price to any medical bills till July.  

If I were to pay the bill without sending the letter, is that acceptable, or must the letter also be included?

Thank you in advance!!

If you can pay on line with a credit card and the payment is accepted ON LINE on the provider's website, then yes, go ahead. Make sure you save all transactions, including a screen shot of the offer.

Thank you Why Chat, I was able to pay online now. 

Should I contact Synerprise Consulting Services now to get them to validate the account?    

NO NO NO!!

Wait until you get back to the States and are able to dispute it off your reports (if it is still there)

It MAY be removed, it may not or it may be reporting as a paid collection settled for less than billed.

In any case you MUST as soon as you are able to follow ALL the steps in the guide;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

Ok thanks, I will not contact SCS.  

I have paid the account in full online.  I didn't get a receipt though.  They do have a Patient Insurance Representative number to call.  Would it be ok to call her and ask for a receipt through email and ask her if they deal with SCS?

Posted (edited)

You can get a receipt but do NOT ask her about the reporting CA. If they ARE in a current business relationship your payment may result in a change of the entry to a "paid/settled" entry which is WORSE for your score than an unpaid one because it is still derogatory but newer. 

( If it is still on or showing as a paid collection when you get back you can dispute it off)

Edited by Why Chat