Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

No Response from CRA on HIPAA Dispute Letter

I followed the Why Chat's HIPAA Dispute process on 2 items in collections (one I do owe, the other I do not).  

The program worked great with Experian and the items were removed from my CR immediately after the dispute was opened.  

I've not received any form of receipt, update, or acknowledgement from TransUnion.  The letter and info was delivered on April 27th.  The tracking number says Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery. It's been longer than 30 days.

The guide doesn't provide any info I have seen on what to do if you get no response from the CRA.  What is my next step?

20 hours ago, Why Chat said:

Did you follow ALL the instructions in the guides?

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

Try to get an updated report from TU. They are infamous for deleting and not notifying.

Thanks.  I did follow all the instructions up through the initial HIPAA dispute letter.  Opted out, handwritten dispute letter.  All attachments included with priority mail tracking.  

Is there a way to get an updated report from TU without paying?

Give them another week and then call them and say you have been denied credit because of this one disputed account on your report and request a copy of your current report for free.

I got a new copy of my TransUnion credit report.  One of the two collection accounts was removed from the report.  The other one from Radius Global Solutions LLC still remains.  I've received nothing from the CA, CRA, or OC about the dispute or the account.  They received the HIPAA dispute letter on 4/27 so it's been over 9 weeks.

What's the next step?  Should I keep waiting since one of them was removed and there's obviously something going on?  Or should I take some action on the remaining account?  If I should do something, what's the next step?  The process doesn't outline how to handle a non-response.

FYI, you can get your credit report for free weekly with the COVID stuff going on, which is helpful tracking this process.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:07 AM, Why Chat said:

??? The HIPAA guides are ( I thought) pretty clear;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

If the accounts are verified AND you receive NOTHING from the reporting CA, you send the reporting CA this:

MEDICAL DISPUTE VALIDATION LETTER

For accounts reporting with a balance due

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

The accounts have not been verified as a result of the dispute letter so I haven't moved forward to the dispute validation letter.  If the account is considered verified by default without receiving anything from the OC, CA, or CRA then the guide is not clear on that.  But I'm pretty sure I should receive something stating the debt is valid before I would move on to the Medical Dispute Validation Letter and I haven't gotten anything.

You misunderstand the program. 

The guide is VERY clear

If the accounts are verified AND you receive NOTHING from the reporting CA, you send the reporting CA this:

The fact that you received ZILCH from the reporting CA demonstrates that the debt is NOT valid. The purpose of the medical DV and the follow up dispute is to get it DELETED

On 7/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, Why Chat said:

You misunderstand the program. 

The guide is VERY clear

If the accounts are verified AND you receive NOTHING from the reporting CA, you send the reporting CA this:

The fact that you received ZILCH from the reporting CA demonstrates that the debt is NOT valid. The purpose of the medical DV and the follow up dispute is to get it DELETED

I really appreciate your help.

I've received nothing to verify the account.  That's what I don't understand.  Does that fact that it is still on my report mean that the CA verified it with the CRA?

I went ahead and sent the letter to the CA and I'll send the follow up to the CRA when I get the proof of delivery.

The fact that it was automatically "verified" only means that the data of your name and address in the CRA's system was matched BY COMPUTERIZED programs to the data in the CA's COMPUTERIZED system ( the system is called e-oscar and is fully autonomous).

The medical DV to the CA and the follow up dispute to the CRA should bypass this automated computer system IF you have followed the directions.

2 hours ago, Why Chat said:

The fact that it was automatically "verified" only means that the data of your name and address in the CRA's system was matched BY COMPUTERIZED programs to the data in the CA's COMPUTERIZED system ( the system is called e-oscar and is fully autonomous).

The medical DV to the CA and the follow up dispute to the CRA should bypass this automated computer system IF you have followed the directions.

Ah, that makes more sense.  I was waiting for a letter to show up that the debt was validated.  

I sent the Medical Dispute Validation Letter verbatim with the no communication line selected (This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my (name of CRA) report).  Once I get the POD I'll send the letter to the CRA.