Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

22 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

No benefits, and it's just another card to manage.  Am I overlooking something?  :) 

save the limit to combo with some future offering that does provide value? :unsure: Years of combos is the only way I got my Hyatt over 90k

41 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

No benefits, and it's just another card to manage.  Am I overlooking something?  :) 

15 elite night credits. Probably nothing else useful. 
Can you PC a co-brand card to something worthwhile?

50 minutes ago, hegemony said:

save the limit to combo with some future offering that does provide value? :unsure: Years of combos is the only way I got my Hyatt over 90k

True, and...

30 minutes ago, DPB said:

15 elite night credits. Probably nothing else useful. 

I typically get good value out of the "free" night that comes with the current card.

I suppose there's more upside than downside, especially after the $100 statement credit wipes out the AF for this year.

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, DPB said:

Just FYI, the last time I tried to PC a co-brand Chase card, they said they couldn't PC to anything not within the same co-brand.

On 6/24/2020 at 1:24 PM, cv91915 said:

Keep it as a holding place in case a card comes along that you do want...then you can convert or apply/move credit line.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:12 PM, nemo said:

The call menu tried to dissuade me from using the phone for anything but an emergency, but once I got through to a human being, they didn't give me any hassle at all.  They just removed the pending CLD so it won't happen after all.

Well, dagnabbit, today they broke their promise and the CLD went through anyway.  I found out by accident while checking the web site.  I'll have to call them tomorrow when they're open.

10 hours ago, nemo said:

Well, dagnabbit, today they broke their promise and the CLD went through anyway.  I found out by accident while checking the web site.  I'll have to call them tomorrow when they're open.

Wow thats not good... Didnt expect them to follow thru after our calls.

Do let us know the outcome.

2 hours ago, Krish said:

Wow thats not good... Didnt expect them to follow thru after our calls.

Do let us know the outcome.

I'm optimistic for a positive outcome (on behalf of Scott).  I've never done poorly by Chase.  (Of course, I hold three "Brooklyn Bridge" deeds ... ;) )

1 hour ago, hdporter said:

I'm optimistic for a positive outcome (on behalf of Scott).  I've never done poorly by Chase.  (Of course, I hold three "Brooklyn Bridge" deeds ... ;) )

Another confident phone rep who didn't know what they were able to actually deliver on? This is unexpected for Chase. You'd think the CSR would not promise what they don't have power to do.

This Economy has forced companies to cuts employees to keep their books healthy.. long wait times and very bad experiences with the calls too.

In case in point: My Refrigerator broke, I am on hold for 46mins with American Home Shield and now, its 1 hour and 30+ mins while the rep is trying to schedule a repair thats not out in 2 weeks...

No dice so far.  I called customer service, and they pushed me off to the credit department.  They said they weren't the ones who sent me the letter, and sent me back to customer service while they explained to the CSR that it was customer service's job to deal with it.

After being shuffled around like that for 20 minutes, the CSR said I would have to put in a CLI request and they would HP me.  I argued that wasn't fair since they had told me the CLD wouldn't happen and then it did.  After doing 15 minutes more of research, they said they would have a supervisor call me.

I'm not optimistic.

In 40 years as a credit card holder, I've reached out to an Exec Office for support just once (well, I don't count another time with Cap 1, when everyone and their brother was being routed there a few years ago).

That said, this whole bs over the CLD's and CS rescission is of a nature the EO is the next place I'd jump given the scenarios described here.  @swimmingwithsharks nails it with "You'd think the CSR would not promise what they don't have power to do".

Dangling that promise out and immediately failing to follow through is like rubbing 24-grit sandpaper into the wound!  😕

30 minutes ago, hdporter said:

Dangling that promise out and immediately failing to follow through is like rubbing 24-grit sandpaper into the wound!  😕

The BASTIDS!!! :angry:

New poll:  Which is worse, getting Gaby'd or getting nemo'd? :D

Just an update from my experience,  I called two days after I recieved the letter, and I also sent a secure message requesting if they could stop the CLD from occurring.  Both the service rep and the email said that since I contacted them within the 30 days they would not decrease the limit. 

I'll be keeping an eye on the account now to see if they actual honor the request. 

@nemo I would call the EO if you don't receive a response or a satisfactory one.  I have called the Chase EO 2-3 times in the past and had good outcomes.

@hdporter and @CTSoxFan, thanks for the idea of contacting the EO.  Chase never did call me back as promised, so I called the EO this morning and they have taken ownership of the issue.  They sounded helpful and anxious to advocate on my behalf to get the limit restored.  It sounds like it could take a few days to get a determination.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:34 AM, cv91915 said:

I called one day too late.

They offered to restore the limit (actually, to $61,900 since they can only request increments of $100), and verified HHI and our housing payment. 

The agent seemed confused by our $2.80 mortgage payment even after I briefly explained it.  Credit was pulled and the request was denied.

I asked the agent to cancel the card, and she offered me a $100 statement credit to keep it open, which I took. 

Once the credit posts I'll use it up and call back and close the account.  We don't need three hotel-branded cards with AFs, and this one basically begged us to close it.

1cik7zG.jpg

Not sure I understand the 1 day too late when credit was pulled and it was declined ml

On 7/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, shifter said:

Not sure I understand the 1 day too late when credit was pulled and it was declined ml

If you go back, he called one day too late to stop the CLD.  You had to call within 30 days and they would restore without a pull...since he missed that he had to request a CLI back to the original limit which required a pull, and was denied.  So a double middle finger.

FWIW... I got this letter also, sent a secure mail asking for reconsideration, and got a reply that they would not decrease. Could be helpful since then you have it in writing.