Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Medical Collection question

Hi Whychat, 

I have what I believe is a old collection on my report. I reached out to my insurance co to get an EOB and they're not finding any claims for the date or any dates leading up to what is on my reports for 2016.  They then reached out to the medical provider who then found it in their system. however,  I have and had Medicare as my secondary insurance, which should've covered the balance as well as all copays. Now, since the time has passed for any appeals,  my ins co told me it may be nothing that can be done and that Medicare probably wouldn't pay it either due to the same time limits. She did offer to speak to her supervisor to see if anything can be done and she will get back to me in a few days.

So if they won't/ can't handle it, do I just follow the HIPAA program or is there another way to handle this kind of situation? 

This is how it's listed on my report:

Transworld Systems

Collection reported: 3/2020

Assigned: 12/2017

Creditor Class: Medical

Original Creditor: health service

Amount: 290

Status as of 3/2020: unpaid

DOFD: 4/2016

Balance 290

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

Inspect all your reports very carefully for any errors- unknown addresses- alternate SS#s or misspelling of your name.

You say the " provider who then found it in their system. " Exactly what did their records show? 

Did they find YOUR name?? Did they find a balance due??

Follow the program;

https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html

The initial dispute to the CRA(s) ( Is it reporting to all 3?) Should provide some answers.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

There are a few possibilities the most likely is A JDB( junk debt buyer) got hold of someone else's account data whose name got mixed up with yours at the provider.I think this is the most probable as your insurer has no record of the service.

3 hours ago, Why Chat said:

You say the " provider who then found it in their system. " Exactly what did their records show? 

Did they find YOUR name?? Did they find a balance due

Yes the debt is legitimately from when I was in the hospital, it was for lab work. The insurance co called me back after talking to her supervisor who found it and sent me the EOB. Problem with this is, It should've been paid by my secondary but the hospital said they didn't have that info at that time, which I know they're incompetent because I've

been told this a few times during other hospital visits to which I then provided it. Also, The amount is 280 on my EOB. 

It's only on my Ex and EQ

I have my disputes in for address, misspellings, SS variations e.t.c. They (all 3) just received those yesterday.