Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Applied for PenFed - Immediately Asked to Upload Documentation - No Credit Pull

I applied for PenFed membership, and after entering my personal information, it immediately asked me to upload my DL, social security card, and a utility bill. Once I did that, it just said thank and we will be in touch. After checking Equifax, there was no inquiry on my report. I had lifted my freeze the previous day, and Equifax's website had the status listed as temporarily lifted. I've never had any issues with ID verification when I've done anything in the past. All of my info is current, and I know I entered everything correctly. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm curious how long it will take them to contact me. As a side note, I did have a PenFed membership a number of years ago. It was apparently closed out for inactivity. When I contacted them, they said that I needed to reapply as a new member. My lift expired, so my report is frozen again. Do you think I should temporarily lift it for them or just wait until they email me?

Edited by cb55

Welcome to Creditboards!

We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part. It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the top right of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin:  Pam, MarvBear, radi8, LKH & 😇breeze😇

As long as you opt out of overdraft protection, PenFed does a SP on EQ for new bank accounts. 
That said, when I applied a couple weeks ago it was approved and I was given account info immediately. 
Give it a couple days and then call.

Edited by DPB

It took them two weeks to get my mortgage application, which I completed on their web site, into their loan origination system so they could start processing it. 

What drew you back to PenFed?  I've had zero positive experiences with them.

2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

It took them two weeks to get my mortgage application, which I completed on their web site, into their loan origination system so they could start processing it. 

What drew you back to PenFed?  I've had zero positive experiences with them.

n=1